E-mails refuse to delete!
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

Like most of us, I get a lot of e-mails that I simply delete at once. Mostly ads and other junk. My little Droid bell chimes when the mail arrives, I look at the headers, and hit delete. Simple, right? No more. Lately, as soon as I delete the mails, the chime sounds and the same ones pop right back. I delete them from the trash folder, and they come back! I feel like I'm fighting Kudzu or playing e-mail Whack-a-mole.

I've checked my settings -- I have "delete from server when I delete from inbox" selected but they just won't go away unless I press refresh. Does anyone else have this problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: E-mails refuse to delete!
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is ( tentatively ) solved. After a couple days of having set all my polling to 60 minutes, the constant return of my mail has stopped. It must have been that pesky Google mail account that I had forgotten to set because I don't use it regularly.  At least the constant dinging is stopped.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jannac

Hi:  Yes, I have the exact same problem.  Makes no sense.  In fact, sometimes my little notification doesn't go off & I go in and there are e-mails.  I have checked all my settings & they are set the same as yours?  I haven't a clue but it is getting very frustrating.

Thanks.

0 Likes
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

I went into settings yesterday and found that I had never set my Google mail to other than the 15 minute default for polling but the others are 1 hour. I set Google to 1 hour and so far, the problem has cleared up. I'm holding off on saying this is a solution for a couple of days until I see if it holds.

0 Likes
jannac

I will try & do that.  Thanks.

0 Likes
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is ( tentatively ) solved. After a couple days of having set all my polling to 60 minutes, the constant return of my mail has stopped. It must have been that pesky Google mail account that I had forgotten to set because I don't use it regularly.  At least the constant dinging is stopped.

0 Likes
Not applicable
Another example of why I believe most, if not all, of the problems people experience with their Droid are "user" error.
0 Likes
jannac

Ok, tried going into settings & checking the Google e-mail.  However, my default e-mail is through another carrier so I never

use Google e-mail.  I can't change the polling since there isn't anywhere to do this?  Please let me know, if I am doing this incorrectly.   Thanks again.

Jan

0 Likes
Not applicable
Yes there is. Go into the settings for your email account and change it. Also, go to your email account web site using your computer and delete the old emails.
0 Likes
cobrachick222

I've had this problem for over a year and with two different email carriers Comcast and Wow (never happens with my Google account). I have emails recycle themselves upwards of two weeks after I have have received them and deleted them. Most of these I try not to download onto my laptop, which might be part of the problem - if the phone had a mass delete capability, I could try that, but since it doesn't I'm not willing to individually delete the hundreds of emails I get weekly.

I might not get so many emails if I didn't get the same email upwards of 10 different times..... When I complaine to Verizon, they told me it was a Comcast issue. I don't have Comcast anymore and still have the identical issue. I'm sure it's the phone and cruddy programming.

0 Likes