Re: Duplicate Text Messages
Mike20878

How was this solved??  I don't see a solution here but the topic says it was solved.  I constantly get duplicate texts. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

You should probably contact Verizon support directly. People who have reported this in the past seem to have it fixed by sometig verizon tech does on their end.  (The solution as reported here was (1) Pull Battery, (2) contact Verizon)

good luck.

0 Likes
Mike20878

I've been meaning to give them another try.  Most recent solutions were a) factory reset and b) send me a new phone.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Mike20878

I've been meaning to give them another try.  Most recent solutions were a) factory reset and b) send me a new phone.

Thanks.

0 Likes
keiffers
Contributor - Level 1

I've been getting them alot more lately.....seems to come in spurts. they had gone away for awhile, but then recently they started being the norm....2 at a time on most texts or like the other night 3 and 4 of the same texts. I've asked other Verizon users, who both have Droid X's and even other phones (some of them LGs from 4-5 yrs ago) and they have the same problem, so its not a problem that is specific to a Droid X. Seems that VZW can do something network wide to fix it for everyone instead of calling one by one to get support to fix it

Giving you a new phone and an FR won't fix it - that's just a cheesy way out of it for the VZW rep to make their solve rate work in their favor

0 Likes
Mike20878

It does appear to be limited to Android phones.  My wife has a Verizon iPhone and doesn't have this problem.  I usually get duplicate texts from her (the record being 11 or 12) and always get doubles from the local emergency alert system.

0 Likes