DroidX Update 4.5.621 still reboots periodically...anyone else???
kbj949597

Updated my Droid X with the lastest update..still reboots itself periodically...at least 2x's a day if not more.  Anyone else?  Can anyone help??

0 Likes
Re: DroidX Update 4.5.621 still reboots periodically...anyone else???
Cody21
Master - Level 2

If the problem is somewhat reproducible or constant, you could try to run in SAFE MODE for a period of time to try to rule out any rogue 3rd Party Apps ... If it runs fine in that mode, time to start uninstalling Apps until the issue goes away.   Otherwise, the recommended approach is to just bite the bullet and do a Factory Reset. (But don't allow the 3rd Party APPS to automatically reinstall after the F.R.) Have you done that since getting Gingerbread or this latest update?  (You can use the SEARCH feature in the bar up above for those procedures - if you can't find them, give another shout out.

0 Likes
cmefly

It drives me crazy, it will reboot in the middle of a phone call!!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I would take suggestion into Cosideration an if you do a F.R. bring back the Apps one at a time an spread the time out on each one of them. But doing a F.R's usually will clear up issues especially if you have older Apps. Gets them on a new an stable Platform an trust me i have my Droid X Since the day after they were Released in July 2010 An i have done F.R's for each of the Updates that came out an i installed on it.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I agree with when you get any device reboot periodicallly it is usually a incompatible app not the device...   I would try booting into safemode and see if the issue goes away and if it does then it is a app and without know which one a hard reset or removal of any 3rd party apps until you identify the problem child..

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello and thank you to the community members for assisting kbj949597.

That sure is frustrating to have your device reboot. I also recommend running the device into safe mode. Below is a link on how to run the device in safe mode:

http://bit.ly/GY5qTH

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you,

Lena A.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kbj949597

Thanks guys..I appreciate all your help.  I did do a factory reset on the 21st after I took the advice of running it in safe mode which worked like a charm. The factory reset actually worked for 2 days..only updated the apps that were installed in the phone that called for updates.  I went and installed Weatherbug Elite and Amazon app store app on the 23rd and still nothing until yesterday the 26th  It finally rebooted on the charger and then again approx. 6 hours later at work.  Its not doing it as much as it used to and it did reboot again today the 27th around 12:30 this afternoon.  I'm just wondering if the problem may be something that was saved to my SD card like a picture or a ringtone or anything of the sort?  Starting to lose my patience and I love my phone, and it only seems to reboot when its idle.  Can anyone suggest anything else?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I would Remove Weather bug as i have heard it can be Buggy i use to use it on the my Computer an found out it was not good an to stay away from it. An as for Amazon i haven't heard to much but as mention when you brought them back your issue reappeared an it might be that those two are fighting each other an causing the phone to so the reboot or issue you've stated.. B33

Update to this: I would after Un installing those two i would do a soft reset = battery pull when the phone is on an hold down the power button for 25 sec. then re-install the Battery an power it back up check for the issue if it's gone.. then you should be good to Go! B33

0 Likes