Droid3 extended battery
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

I have a two week old Motorola extended battery.  Three days ago my phone started going from fully charged to dead in about three hours.  I called Support and they said I could take the phone to a Verizon store and they could check to see if it was a battery or phone problem.   Went to store and was told they cannot check phone vs. battery??  They gave me a new extended battery.  I fully charged the battery and after 12 hours of not using the phone for anything, the battery is at 20%.

Can anyone else with the extended battery tell me about how long a charge lasts for them? 

0 Likes
Re: Droid3 extended battery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ontheroad,

I understand your concerns regarding your phone's battery life. Please keep in mind that Smartphones have applications that run in the background updating information and this process consumes battery even when no apparent usage is noted. Please exit/close all applications when you're done using them and disable Bluetooth/WiFi when not in use.

Additionally, third party application conflict may cause your battery to deplete faster as well. Run device in safe mode for a while to ensure no third party conflicts exist and test.
Droid safe mode: http://goo.gl/S7HNa
Droid 2 safe mode: http://goo.gl/giDwY

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Antonio - I appreciate your help but the instructions you sent are not for the Droid3.  Verizon gave me a new battery (under warranty) and I did put my phone in safe mode and will see if that affects the new battery. 

I do not understand why Verizon does not have a forum for the Droid3.  I have tried every version of the Motorola Droid 1-3 and will give up on them when I can upgrade.  What good is having Apps when too many of them cause problems?  Between that and all the bloatware, it's time for something different.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since you didn't specify which phone you had in your original post and the fact that you posted your question in the Droid & Droid2 by Motorola space, I can only assume that the VZW employee also assumed that you had a Droid 2.

Next time it might be helpful to provide more details with your post.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

Apparently, you did not read my subject line. On my Verizon website Support page there is no Droid3 topic. Being helpful is what this forum is for. It's not necessary to be nasty.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How exactly was I "nasty"? I will admit that I skimmed over the subject line.  The VZW employee could have done the same thing.  I was just pointing out more details would have been helpful.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

Motorola repaired my Droid3 (not replaced) and the extended battery has been on for 15 hours with a little more than my normal usage and I still have 50% battery left.  Thank you Motorola!!

0 Likes