Droid x on Wifi and 3g, i think it's killing my battery. help?
Dizzy1119

Okay so i'll charge my phone before bed, and when i wake up it's nearly dead. For the past 2 days, my Droid X has been on Wifi and 3g or 1x. I think this is killing my battery. Is this normal? If i shut my phone off and turn it back on, Wifi is on without 3g or 1x but in about 20 minutes, Wifi, 3g or 1x is on.. What is this problem? I think it's killing my battery and i never heard of this happening. I love my Droid X but it's killing me with this battery problem. I ask my brother who has an iPhone 4 if this is normal he said no. Any help?

0 Likes
Re: Droid x on Wifi and 3g, i think it's killing my battery. help?
Dizzy1119

No help???? Like on my status bar it has wifi connected and just the bars for the cell. then the battery bar than time.

But thats becuase i just restarted my phone. It will switch to the view of Full Wifi connection, and 3g/1x bars, than the battery bar than the time. Is this normal?

0 Likes
Power
Yes with WiFi on (and GPS probably) your battery will die overnight.

I keep mine on the charger by my bed and charge at work all day via USB. I found an app that detects when it's plugged in and enables and disables the WiFi. That helps a lot. I use PowerWiFi as it also controls Bluetooth the same way (wish it would work for GPS also).
0 Likes
Re: Droid x on Wifi and 3g, I think it's killing my battery. help?
VegasNik

Hello there fellow X's  I had the same issue when I got my Droid. I called Tech support and they actually had something helpful.

Down load free apps.. Advance task Killer and Look out.

Task killer shuts down all apps that are working in the back ground. You get to pick which ones stay active (i.e. gmail, FB, skype) What have you.. The other Look out scans the apps for viruses and also adds a lojack type system to your phone.

Check the both out ... I went from charging my phone two to three times a day to once and on the rare occasion I use it a lot a lot for something twice, but its not dying before I get out the door in the morning. .

VegasNik

Dizzy1119 wrote:

Okay so i'll charge my phone before bed, and when i wake up it's nearly dead. For the past 2 days, my Droid X has been on Wifi and 3g or 1x. I think this is killing my battery. Is this normal? If i shut my phone off and turn it back on, Wifi is on without 3g or 1x but in about 20 minutes, Wifi, 3g or 1x is on.. What is this problem? I think it's killing my battery and i never heard of this happening. I love my Droid X but it's killing me with this battery problem. I ask my brother who has an iPhone 4 if this is normal he said no. Any help?

0 Likes
jkjkjk

What VegasNIK said.

Advanced task killer. My phone went from half a day to a day and a half. I don't do as much on my phone as some so YMMV. Get it, it will change your day.

Go the the Android Market, download it and set the apps you want to kill. I have it kill everything but itself. Really. Apps come up fast enough anyway.

Good luck

I'll take this time to complain about no info for Android 2.2. Come on Verizon, tell us what is going on!

0 Likes