Droid wont turn on
Winston77

I've had a Droid since the first weeks of release.  I enjoy its features and over all design is great.

This is the 3rd one i've gotten. The other two were replaced under warantee for the problem listed below.

About half the time, my Droid will not turn on!

If I unplug the battery after this happens it will sometimes turn back on.

If I plug in the battery charger after this happens it will always turn back on.

But when I pick up my phone and go to work, there is a 50/50 chance it will not turn on when I hit the power button.

Repeated pressing of the power button doesn't work.

Holding the power button down for an extended period of time doesnt work.

This only happens when the Droid is in "standby mode".  I mean that its "booted up" but not in "screen on" mode.

When this happens I get nothing on the screen at all.  The light wont even come on.

its almost like when the charger is plugged in, it resets the ability to turn back on.

This is a problem because it means that if it is an emergency, there is a 50/50 chance I wont be able to use the **bleep** phone.

After months of frustration I'm hoping to find an answer here.  The phone of course is now past its 30 day warantee, although by the 3rd one I'm thinking its a system problem or a user error.

However, what could I possibly be doing that would cause this?

I keep the phone charged at between 50 and 80% all the time.  it never drops to a lower charge than that (except once on vaction in april).

Can anyone help?

0 Likes
Re: Droid wont turn on
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Winston77 wrote:

I've had a Droid since the first weeks of release.  I enjoy its features and over all design is great.

This is the 3rd one i've gotten. The other two were replaced under warantee for the problem listed below.

About half the time, my Droid will not turn on!

If I unplug the battery after this happens it will sometimes turn back on.

If I plug in the battery charger after this happens it will always turn back on.

But when I pick up my phone and go to work, there is a 50/50 chance it will not turn on when I hit the power button.

Repeated pressing of the power button doesn't work.

Holding the power button down for an extended period of time doesnt work.

This only happens when the Droid is in "standby mode".  I mean that its "booted up" but not in "screen on" mode.

When this happens I get nothing on the screen at all.  The light wont even come on.

its almost like when the charger is plugged in, it resets the ability to turn back on.

This is a problem because it means that if it is an emergency, there is a 50/50 chance I wont be able to use the **bleep** phone.

After months of frustration I'm hoping to find an answer here.  The phone of course is now past its 30 day warantee, although by the 3rd one I'm thinking its a system problem or a user error.

However, what could I possibly be doing that would cause this?

I keep the phone charged at between 50 and 80% all the time.  it never drops to a lower charge than that (except once on vaction in april).

Can anyone help?

have you tried a new battery? might be a faulty one.  however, you might want to take it in and get a replacement if you have insurance.

0 Likes
Re: Droid wont turn on
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Just curious did you happen to get the battery or phone wet at all?  

0 Likes