Droid won't d/l 2.2
JScott

A friends droid will not take the download to 2.2. When checking for updates it shows 2.2 available, presses download and the progress bar shows for a split second then disappears. I looked for a settings that might affect it, but couldnt find one. any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Droid won't d/l 2.2
justinr

could it be that your friend rooted their phone?

0 Likes
JScott
No she is not rooted
0 Likes
justinr

try to make sure all the apps are shutdown. use an app called task killer to make sure they are all off before attempting. you may want to try the battery removal methode and after powering up go directly to the updates section in the settings folder

0 Likes
JScott
Thanks will give that a try
0 Likes
DroidOwner

I had two droids one for me and one for my wife.  I downloaded 2.2 once it became avail but she decided to wait.  A few weeks later I tried to upgrade here phone and the same thing happened.  I hit download and it tries for a few seconds and stops.  I finally had to go to a site that explained how to manually download 2.2 and followed the instructions.   I placed the file in the root directory and restarted the phone into recovery mode.  This gave me the option to install the upgrade file that the phone recognized in the root directory.  This seemed to work fine and her phone is now on 2.2.  I can't recall the exact site where I got the instructions and file but you should be able to find it via a few searches.

0 Likes