Droid update problem
timber_jack2010

This morning I allowed the Droid update to go ahead. After the update completed, Now my Droid continously reboots and is not functional. I have removed the battery and installed back in. Same result is occurring. Any one have any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Droid update problem
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

timber_jack2010 wrote:

This morning I allowed the Droid update to go ahead. After the update completed, Now my Droid continously reboots and is not functional. I have removed the battery and installed back in. Same result is occurring. Any one have any suggestions?

Thanks

when you turn your droid back on, hold down the x button on you physical keyboard

a triangle with a picture should appear on you screen

press the up volume button and press the camera button HALF way down

this should put you into safe mode, the first option on the screen should be "reboot", choose that by pressing the center button on your D-pad

then wait

0 Likes
Iceshag

Hey man,this happened once or twice after I updated, then seemed to boot normally on a third attempt.  The thing is, this very thing happened to me a couple months ago, and I ended up having to Verizon, where a story about a bizarre encounter with a particular employee is one even this forum hasn't heard yet.  Basically though, they were able to hard reset it and it fixed the problem, if they're un able to do so, provded you have the insurance, you most likely will be getting a new replacement DROID.  Best of luck.

0 Likes
clospapi

i have the same problem and still wont reboot from safe mode is that only other way without going to verizon

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

clospapi wrote:

i have the same problem and still wont reboot from safe mode is that only other way without going to verizon

try www.droidforums.net  they have some good people from all over the world who have great ideas and solutions.

0 Likes
stevehy

This is the correct way to boot into safe mode, the instructions you were given if to bet to the root menus of your phone.

So how do we boot into “safe mode”?

1.  Power off your device.
2.  Slide open the keyboard and power on by holding power and “menu” at the same time.
(Use the menu key on the physical keyboard.)
3.  Continue holding the menu key until you get to the Droid eye.
4. The phone should now vibrate if done correctly.
5.  Release menu and your phone should boot with “Safe Mode” showing in the bottom left corner.

0 Likes