Droid running random apps
Arclight492

Anyone else have an issue with thier Droid turning on random apps without any reason? I will unlock/open my phone and have news&weather, and amazon, or a multitude of other apps on my phone that just turn themselves on. Apps that i have never even used are sometimes running.

I have an app that can turn them off if i tell it to...but they keep turning back on all by themselves.  Its kind of annoying.

0 Likes
Re: Droid running random apps
gej1
Contributor - Level 1

REMOVE YOUR TASK KILLER 2.2 CONTROLS ALL TASK NOW AUTOMATICLY

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
If you have the original amazon mp3 that came with your phone, I would suggest you search for and download the update from google market. I know that update helped with my phone to keep that particular app from running.

I do also have a task manager loaded (not task killer) as well, but it doesn't have the auto-kill option. It is a quick way for me to find out what is running without going into the applications list.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Those apps aren't necessarily "running." They are on a list, but I doubt they are using any CPU.

I also hear of rumors that the uodate for ATK shows apps running that aren't just to justify their use.
0 Likes