Droid restarts when unplugged
angerla

Today, while I was at work my Droid powered off and wouldn't turn back on. I assumed it was because I forgot to charge it. I charged it in my car on my way home from work, and less than 2 minutes after I got out of the car it turned off and would not turn back on again.

I came inside and plugged it in to a charger. The phone powered back on (and says "Charged." so I know the battery is full...) If I unplug the phone, it immediately shuts off and will not power back on unless it is plugged in to a charger. It has also rebooted several times while plugged into the charger. 

Help! What might be causing this? What can I do about it?

Thanks, 

-Angela

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid restarts when unplugged
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1

It sounds like your battery might be going out, or bad connectors.

Check the connectors and if dirty, clean with a q-tip with a little rubbing alcohol on it.

If that doesn't work I would take the phone in if possible and see if they will let you check the battery.

If it is a battery problem, then I would wait if possible and buy off eBay. You can get a better battery for around 5-10 bucks. Even if you overnight it, it should be cheaper.

Your phone should still be under manufacturers warranty, so if all else fails you can get a refurbished model.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1

It sounds like your battery might be going out, or bad connectors.

Check the connectors and if dirty, clean with a q-tip with a little rubbing alcohol on it.

If that doesn't work I would take the phone in if possible and see if they will let you check the battery.

If it is a battery problem, then I would wait if possible and buy off eBay. You can get a better battery for around 5-10 bucks. Even if you overnight it, it should be cheaper.

Your phone should still be under manufacturers warranty, so if all else fails you can get a refurbished model.

0 Likes
angerla

I took the battery out... the connections looked clean, but I blew on them in case of any dust (there was a lot of dirt under the phone case) and wiped them off as you suggested. So far so good! The phone turned back on while unplugged, and has been on without restarting since.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1

I am glad that I could help.

0 Likes