Droid not ringing for calls or texts
Latindiva22

I've had my droid for 1 week, and just 2 days ago it started not ringing and not sounding for texts msgs. I have checked all settings, volume is all the way up, and I have tried *228, option 2. Please help! I really like the phone, but will exchange it if no resolve. I keep missing calls and texts.

0 Likes
Re: Droid not ringing for calls or texts
dee2363

im having the same issues but just with one contact,my husband.not ringing when he calls and i cant view his contact card. the phone freezes. when i called about it the guy said there had been no reports of other problems like this. i exchanged my blackberry for this phone because i was having problems with it. ill send this one back too if i must.

0 Likes
goodlee

It is my understanding that the Eros droid has a "software problem". I am lose the volume for calls, rings and texting every day. I'm calling Verizon tomorrow! They're working on the problem. I'm ready to throw it in the ocean!

0 Likes
kaka

Same problem here. What I did was set up a different ringtone to my contacts and that way I got it to work. It's a software problem. Wait for update. Hope this helps for now.

0 Likes
nanadroid

I'm having the same problem and am SO frustrated. I am constantly missing texts and calls. When I go to check the ringtones I find that it is on silent mode somehow. I reset it and find later again that I am in silent mode. I'm ready to throw this phone against a wall. Plus the batter runs down so fast it's crazy. I always put it in the battery save mode plus I have the battery saving app.

0 Likes
amyliz0226

I'm having the same problem.  I think it started yesterday.  When someone calls, it goes right to voicemail.  Also, I can't even "lock" my phone.  Also, my "home" button isn't working.  I did get one text this morning that actually made a sound.  But other then that, no sound for texts or calls!  So FRUSTRATING!

0 Likes
Thalinor

Known Problem on Motorola's Site.  Mixed reports of fixes; this is how I fixed my problem. 

Try this:

Download the free app called "System Panel" from the Google store.  My version is the paid one, which makes the app run in the task bar for easy use but I don't think it matters if you have the free or paid version.  The program is a task killer but seems to be more advanced then the typical task killer app.

I had the following settings checked; I don’t know if it matters and the only reason they were this way was because I was randomly turning things off and on while trying to fix this issue when I decided to try the following trick.  I honestly did not think it would work so its not like I really was paying attention to what settings were turned off and on at the time.  Anyway, provided just in case it does matter:

Sound & Display:

Silent Mode UNCHECKED

Ringer Volume Max, Incoming Volume for Notifications UNCHECKED, Notification Volume Max

Ringtone: Droid Speaks (Because I wanted her to speak to me again, lol)

Phone Vibrate UNCHECKED

Audible Touchtone CHECKED

Haptic Feedback UNCHECKED

Double-Tap to Silence UNCHECKED

Smart Profile: Face Down CHECKED

1) Start System Panel

2) Look for the "End All" at the bottom center of the screen.  Tap It.

3) By default you will see System Apps and Excluded Apps (The first two lines) greyed out.  Active Apps, Background Apps, and Inactive Apps will all be colored from olive to green. 

4) IMPORTANT - Tap on "System Apps" in the list.  You will see "Excluded Apps" turn brown and "System Apps" turn red if you did it right.

5) Click on the "End Tasks" button.  This will crash the System Panel App, and everything else you have running.

6) Wait about 2 minutes for everything to start up again on your phone.

7) Cross your fingers and call your phone.  Worked for me.

😎 Go into system settings and UNCHECK Smart Profile: Face Down

Hope this helps!

PS: Thank you Birdman for ROOT; you are amazing.

PPS: Motorola; stop screwing with my phone and let me use HDMI out at all times.  Don't worry, the blockbuster app is no longer on my phone and they will be bankrupt by December anyway.  Also, I would love the internal memory to mount like a hard drive as it does with the HTC incredible!  Also, your employees need a better vision plan, your motoblur SUCKS compared to HTC sense.  Have you seen their weather widget?  My home screen filled with fog and rain on the HTC incredible.  They have pinch to zoom on the home screen which zooms out and shows all your desktops.  You don't.  They have flash lite, you don't.  Their system UI & Widgets looks all Windows Vista/Windows 7 Glass Areo, your UI & Widgets remind me of Windows 95.  Let’s get with the times please.  Maybe you should stop locking your phones down due to your worry about others stealing your "intellectual property" and instead start copying theirs; because honestly there is nothing intellectual about motoblur it’s a POS.

0 Likes
imragtop
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use Advanced Volume Control to keep my notifications where I want them. Ring Toggle is another app, both free in the market.

0 Likes
christiekh

Worked for me, thanks. 

0 Likes