Droid email download
gtruff

Have had Droid for less than 36 hours and have a persistent problem getting email. Just doesn't work. I have had to pull battery or plug in and refresh accounts. Device is probably a good toy but not reliable as a business tool. Has anyone solved the email problem?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid email download
maryhitt

I have the same problem (I think).  I get my Gmail emails OKI.  Don't get any from my ISP account.  Have tried several different things, including talking with someone at the store.  Nothing has worked so far.  I'm at a total loss at this point.  I hate to go in to my ISP email (Outlook based) and have to change my email for every single email I get. 

0 Likes
dknight0

grab the ADVANCED TASK KILLER app from the market (free)...

when I have this email connection issue, I kill the email app, then restart email and voila!

i 'kill' the email at least 3 times a day.

0 Likes
maryhitt

dknight0 wrote:

grab the ADVANCED TASK KILLER app from the market (free)...

when I have this email connection issue, I kill the email app, then restart email and voila!

i 'kill' the email at least 3 times a day.

Thank you for your suggestion.  Unfortunately, I DO have this app and I do use it several times a day.  Doesn't make a difference.

0 Likes
vectex

I had the same exact issue. I read in a forum that someone had deleted some emails that they had online and that the issue was resolved. It worked for me as well and now I have no issues at all. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
bowens2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was getting my emails for about the first 5 days with no problem then my phone shut down and I could no longer get them.  One of the girls in a store in California deleted my whole email account and now I can not even load it in. So I no longer can get my emails except from the gmail account. I have tried both of my other isp accounts and they will not work. Kinda **bleep** me off. It is important I get those emails and I was told I could or I would not have bought the phone. I also thought I was going to be able to access my office computers which I can't. So besides having a nice GPS and camera, it is kind of useless. It takes longer for me to actually call or text someone than on my old Blackberry. I regret buying it now.

0 Likes