Droid discontinued question
ch44zill44

okay..so ive had the droid for almost a year now and since i dont like to talk to customer service or deal with all the waiting ive been sucking it in and just seeing if i could deal with all the problems of the droid..but im fed up with it and i want to get a replacement..
from all the forums ive read many people have been getting tons and tons of replacement droids, and now that it is discontinued some people have been receiving droid2's
I was wonering if the droid is really discontinued and cant be a replacement phone..can i get a blackberry bold 9650 instead of the droid 2 as a replacement?...
i mean i dont see why not..im still gonna pay for the data plan, and its a cheaper phone anyway..will verizon let me do this?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Droid discontinued question
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
They wilk have replacements for several years, because they continue to refurbish phones sent bacj.
0 Likes
jrussell34

I am now waiting for my 3rd replacement and am fetup with this phone.  I think we should get together and request a different phone.  You know they will send refurbished phones and the problems will continue.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

jrussell34 wrote:

I am now waiting for my 3rd replacement and am fetup with this phone.  I think we should get together and request a different phone.  You know they will send refurbished phones and the problems will continue.

If none at in stock of the device that you had before, then you'll receive a different phone. The different device will still be a refurbished phone

0 Likes
ch44zill44

do we get to pick the phone? or will they pick for us?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

ch44zill44 wrote:

do we get to pick the phone? or will they pick for us?

Sometimes you will get an option to pick between 2 phones. Other times you will be stuck to just one.

0 Likes
ch44zill44

do you think they would let me get a blackberry bold 9650?
i mean don't get why not..its cheaper than the Droid 2..and i still have to pay data plan fee with it

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

ch44zill44 wrote:

do you think they would let me get a blackberry bold 9650?
i mean don't get why not..its cheaper than the Droid 2..and i still have to pay data plan fee with it

I PMed you to answer your question. You won't be getting the Bold. Droid 2 is an updated version of the original Motorola Droid. That is just Verizon's policy.

0 Likes
alcraig05

ok so im going through the same problems except this is going on my 4th droid. I hate speaking to customer service as well! I hear people all the time getting differnt phones and now I see it happening. How do I get a differnt phone and away from a soon to be #5. I will take any other replacement phone but the ones Im getting. PLease help

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
@jrussel

*fed up

That is their policy to continue to send you refurbs... you have a one year replacement policy or 90 days replacement.

I have heard of people getting newer models, but they do check to see if you are just returning the phones to try and get something for free.
0 Likes