Droid dials Out Randomly
Stechjo

This has been happening more and more often.  Last night at dinner I had my phone set for vibrate.

When I noticed the vibration I checked and the phone was dialing out to a rondom number in my address book.  I ended the call, set the phone down and it started to dial another random number.  Ended that call and, you guessed it, started dialirg out again.

I turned the phone off complete, turned it back on and it started dialing out again!  I did this several time until I just left it completely powered off in order to enjoy my dinner.

I have a blue tooth, which was on at the time, but I have never set the phone to voice dialing, so I'm unsure whether the Blue tooth is implicated.

Has anyone else had this sort of problem and, if so, have you been able to stop it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stechjo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid dials Out Randomly
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Stechjo. I have read your post and understand your frustration for your phone to randomly dial out. On your device you will want to dial *228 press send and when provided the options, select option 1 to re-program the device. This should keep your device from making random calls.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Stechjo. I have read your post and understand your frustration for your phone to randomly dial out. On your device you will want to dial *228 press send and when provided the options, select option 1 to re-program the device. This should keep your device from making random calls.

0 Likes
Stechjo

Thanks,

I've given that a try and will see whether it works.

Stephen

0 Likes