Droid crashes, freezes, restarts repeatedly - 15 times in half day!
DroidHead

Wow, I've seen 15 crashes, freezes, restarts just on the first day, within a few hours!  I've done the *228 Option #1 and #2.  This IS the worst interaction with a new mobile phone that I have had in the 14 or so years I have been using mobile phones.

I'm wondering... does Verizon have a Quality Assurance team(s) with regards to their software implemenations?  I've had to pull the battery about 6 to 8 times within just a few hours of the first day of having this phone.

My recommendation based on that alone is for others to move onto the iPhone or Nokia N97.  Who wants this stress and runaround, I sure dont.

Is this what CDMA is all about?  I'll do one return, if that is a failure too, with regards to the issues herein described, I'm going to make sure to recommend others STAY AWAY FROM THE VERIZON DROID phone!

Plus, the service was good from the rep. I spoke with today.  And I like the hardware keyboard, positioning of the spacebar and the Alt keys, to name a few.  Thanks Motorola on that area.

0 Likes
Re: Droid crashes, freezes, restarts repeatedly - 15 times in half day!
cem95z
Contributor - Level 1

I would take it back to verizon and see if they can make it right. I had a faulty button and they replaced my phone no problem.

0 Likes
1222tmiller

I got mine this morning and working like a champ.  Maybe you got a lemon, it happens.  My old HTC was a lemon, got it exchanged in one day, the next one work perfect for 2 years.  Don't be so dramatic :smileyhappy: !

0 Likes
ivorycruncher
Contributor - Level 1

Interesting.  Motorola finally makes a good phone, spec-wise, but they turn out to be buggy and unstable?  Hmm, yet another reason why I'm glad I ordered the Droid Eris, which has already proven itself in Europe and on Sprint under the Hero badge.  😃

0 Likes
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

Mine works like a charm.... and I've leaded it with apps and widgets.

Only concern is battery life.

0 Likes
soldierscotty

I can tell you when the iphone came out, you read similar stories about it. One guy said he was going to chunk his iphone into a chipper shredder. With that being said. I too had problems with the phone locking up in sleep mode, and crashing on phone calls. The fix was simple! I did a hard reset, which set the phone back to orignal factory settings. And yes I lost all of my applications and contacts. But, I had no worries. I have a gmail account and was able to retrieve everything in minutes. My SD card was never touched during the reset, so I did not have to pull it out. VERY COOL! Now the phone operates flawlessly! Why would I want an iPhone? Where I live, AT&T does not have 3G coverage. Verizon does! In fact, I have 3G in LOTS more places than AT&T.

0 Likes
Xelloss

Exchange it for a new one I had to do it too, theres some bad phones out there, the Best buy i bought mine at had about 2 bads before mine and same problem with restarting and freezing.  I got a new one and have yet had a freeze or crash.

0 Likes
Matno

Mine was doing that too, but I just did a factory reset (menu-->settings-->privacy-->factory data reset) and now it works like a charm. Before, it was resetting anytime I tried to do anything at all. Very frustrating when you can't even send a text without going through a reboot.  It also did wonders for my battery life. Not sure what was causing that, but it would go from 50% to 20% in about 5 minutes of texting. Now it's at 60% after a long day of pretty heavy use. All of my same apps loaded back on automatically after the reset, so I'm not sure what was causing it. Someone on another forum mentioned improperly disconnecting from a computer via USB. That may have been my problem, because I didn't "eject" it prior to disconnect the first time, and I kept getting a blank screen then a boot sequence message on my phone when I'd reconnect to the computer. 

It's also possible you got a lemon, but that's pretty rare. 

0 Likes
cem95z
Contributor - Level 1

I would return it now. Try another one with the hopes that you don't get another lemon, or if you really want, go for another phone. I had 3 lemons, so I went back to my old phone. Neither of my first 2 lemons crashed... EVER.

My first lemon had a bad button, My second muted me to my callers (I heard them, they couldn't hear me). My third did the same as the second and was returned 30 minutes after I got it.

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

I personally think this was a (false) attack on the Droid from an iPhone lover... that person leaves ONE SINGLE huge nasty post and we never hear from him/her again.... Suspicious to me...

0 Likes