Re: Droid...biggest dissappointment ever! Any suggestions?
Not applicable

dmad1rulz wrote:
Well, if the rumors are true and the iPhone does end up coming to Verizon as well, I can almost guarantee at least half of the folks on this forums is gonna jump ship regardless of "antenna-gate".

I disagree.
0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
the iphone is good for people that don't like to customize their phone, and download what they want.

In other words it is a beginner phone.
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Simple people like simple phones.  That's why the iphone is popular.  That said I'll never own an apple device as Steve Jobs is a tool and they just don't do it for me.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I couldn't have said it better.. kudos given... apple products are made for people that buy into marketing gimmics.. they are the same people that always by name brand and overpay for just about every service.
0 Likes
dmad1rulz
That's exactly where my reasoning is. I mean, how many on this forums are real techies and how many are regular Joes? In case you all forgot, there are a buttload of threads here of folks asking for help on things that an average techie can reasonably figure out.
0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Most of these threads can be answered by a 10 year old after about 30 minutes with the phone.

These are the same people that have the Geek Sqaud "tweak" their computers, or still pay AOL for internet service.

I bet there are people that couldn't figure out how to make an account on these forums, so they returned the phones.
0 Likes
Bama4ever

I have also had trouble with my Droid and no, it is not always  the user as some have suggested.  When the screen freezes and the battery has to be removed the phone is defective.  Mine also drops calls quite frequently and does not get reception in areas that other phones work just fine.  I am sending it back and have refused a refurbished phone.  The Verizon representative told me they must receive the original box back with the phone so it can be restocked.  Yes, they are going to restock the phone that has to have the battery removed multiple times a day in order to make it work.  And therein lies the problem...  I am within my 30 days of purchase so I am able to get something else.  I would love to get a "fancier" Droid, but am not willing to spend that much money on a phone.  Going back to the Blackberry for now.  Maybe later I will give Droid another chance.  The apps are awesome.    

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Cobjones wrote:
I couldn't have said it better.. kudos given... apple products are made for people that buy into marketing gimmics.. they are the same people that always by name brand and overpay for just about every service.

::gulp::  I have 2 ipods from apple :smileysad:

0 Likes
RonAnderson
I have an iPod that still has the.click wheel on it, I quit using it after like three months and haven't bothered with it anymore, Sirius. Then jober wanted to rule with an iron fist, this is my product I will tell you how and what you can do with it. I'm the only one that is smart enough to work my icode. Blah blah.....wake up jobs its the 21 century and we are a lot smarter now a days and your pee on mind set is just that.

IPhones are for noobs That like to be told what to do! No more fart apps. LOL. Although the phones have parental controls on them jobers has to rule and say you can't use that app because its unfitting for a child. What a bafoon
0 Likes
dmad1rulz

Here's a funny but true story. I have a co-worker that recently switch to Sprint because he was paying a lot with Verizon and he has this Samsung slider phone (forgot the name of the phone but it was apparently one of their newer models). The phone itself looked nice and had a touch screen. He was trying to figure out how to like navigate through the screen and such so I told him I'd help him.

I tried to begin moving through the menus,  but when I tried to scroll down by swiping, it wasn't doing anything. Took me a few seconds to realize that the phone was not running Android or something similar so in order to scroll, I had to hold down then move my finger to scroll. Made me realize how nice the Android OS was.

0 Likes