Droid...biggest dissappointment ever! Any suggestions?
Beanie1974

The mute button just turns on, or the microphone turns off and it takes forever to get back to the call screen to unmute it.  It will also turn the number keyboard on randomly while on a phone call and start beeping like I am hitting buttons.  I have to hold my phone away from my face completely for the keypad to not turn on.  And I can't even begin to tell you how many times it hangs up in the middle of a conversation.  Then when I try and disconnect the call, the end button doesn't work until you hit it several times or the other party hangs up.  The touchscreen is very slow/hesitates now for all apps.   These are just a couple of my issues specially after the new update. 

I am currently on my 3rd Droid in 2 months and have to go back to Verizon tomorrow because the touchscreen on this 'refurbed' phone has decided not to work periodically.  Today my phone has decided that the touchscreen portion doesn't want to work.  It started with just a corner then the middle and now the whole screen.  I have to take the battery out and restart it to get it to work.  This current phone is 2 weeks old I think.  The 2nd one they sent I called in as soon as I activated it.  I mean come on...if I know something is wrong with it within minutes, how can Verizon/Motorola say its a certified fixed phone?   

I have NEVER been so dissappointed in a phone that I paid so much for.  I wish I could get my money back and go back to my LG Dare.  I'm tired of Verizon saying its a Motorola issue and Motorola sending crap phones back.  If you sell the crap then you should stand behind it.  If it's crap then maybe you shouldn't sell it!  I have even tried contacting Motorola directly and their response is that I can send my phone in and they will fix it and send it back. 

I'm ready to jump ship to AT&T.  I haven't heard of Iphone users having these type of problems (I'm sure they have some).  Maybe their customer service is better too...even slightly would be better than dealing with Verizon.  I have been with Verizon forever...but I am fed up!

If anyone has any suggestions or knows what the heck the issue is...it would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
Re: Droid...biggest dissappointment ever! Any suggestions?
nascrnanna88
Enthusiast - Level 2
I had 3 Eris's then they upgraded me to the Droid1 for all my problems and well wouldn't
You know I went through three of those refurbished ones, and finally went into a local store 18 miles away and asked for the manager. She was a blessing she gave me a brand new Droid1. (this was before any new droids were out) It has worked perfect. So I suggest go into a store !!!!
0 Likes
dmad1rulz

I can never understand how some folk's phones go all bonkers to the point it stops working. I have had my Droid since release and aside from a few issues that I have fixed or found solutions for, I have no problems with my phone.

0 Likes
Not applicable
I love my Droid. Never had any issues. I believe the Droid is too complex for some people.
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

jimfitzgerald wrote:
I love my Droid. Never had any issues. I believe the Droid is too complex for some people.

That is true. Not all droid or android phones are meant for all people.

0 Likes
13lackcat

yea ive had mine since june and other than a prob or 2 that was easily solved (without getting a diff phone) its been everything i was expecting when i bought it. *i was expecting greatness*

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
You haven't heard of the iphone antenna problems that happens to all of the phones? Their solution is a phone bumper... what a joke... have fun with any other carrier, because as bad as verizon is they are tons better than the rest.
0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Cobjones wrote:
You haven't heard of the iphone antenna problems that happens to all of the phones? Their solution is a phone bumper... what a joke... have fun with any other carrier, because as bad as verizon is they are tons better than the rest.

According to Steve Jobs the iPhone problem has been "blown way out of propotion and it is not such a big deal".  :smileyindifferent: It was rumored that a new software update would fix the problem,but I doubt it. I believe Apple is just offering free cases to people that have the problem or are suggesting to hold the phone a different way.  There have been tons of complaints regarding the iphone antenna.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
@thegreatone

Yeah and steve jobs has never lied... haha

The software update did not fix the issue... it is a design flaw, that a bumper "fixes."

The two external antennas are seperate, but skin creates a bridge that disrupts their signals.

I was just refering to the person above thinking that there were no problems with the iphone.
0 Likes
dmad1rulz
Well, if the rumors are true and the iPhone does end up coming to Verizon as well, I can almost guarantee at least half of the folks on this forums is gonna jump ship regardless of "antenna-gate".

Personally, if that does happen, I will be thinking about it a lot.
0 Likes