Droid X with Windows 7 x64- no drivers in via network; no usb connection with usb
aninkling

My usb connection was working fine until about a month ago, when everything fell into a black hole.  Now, when I connect via usb the usb connection does not appear and the device is not recognized by my computer.  I have tried reinstalling Motohelper 2.1.4 etc, the latest release from Motorola all the various ways- with phone plugged in, with it not; reboot computer, reboot phone.  Nothing works. 

On Wifi, my phone is "seen" by my computer, but I can not install the drivers, either directly or with Windows trouble shooting.  

In short, I'm dead in the water with respect to connecting to my computer. 

Note that my Wifi connection works fine.  I get an ISP assignment as seen on my Devices window of my PC. 

I am not using Development mode for USB.

I have also tried installing Motocast. 

I've tried using the Verizon Wireless program. 

Nothing works. 

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the recent "streaming" updated to Windows Media Player. 

At any rate.  Help!

0 Likes
Re: Droid X with Windows 7 x64- no drivers in via network; no usb connection with usb
pedelbrock

Hello -

I was having the same issue and realized that I had not unlocked my phone (DroidX).  Once I did that, it immediately showed up in the Windows device manager.

Good luck!

0 Likes
Re: Droid X with Windows 7 x64- no drivers in via network; no usb connection with usb
bearone21
Legend

try another usb port

0 Likes