Re: Droid X update to roll out tonight
southpaw

For those who are unaware how to download the update:  from the main screen, click on the center icon (circle with arrow); then click settings; scroll down to the bottom - click on About Phone, System updates is at the top.  Good luck.

0 Likes
Breakthecycle2

How does everyone like it so far?

0 Likes
gerelee
Enthusiast - Level 3

the new my verizon is nicer though i still had to download it, lol.

why the kindle app when they don't at least give you a freebie to read? the b&n app on the HD2 gave you 3 free ebooks which at least gives you an idea how well it works....yes i know you can get samples.

i don't see a lot of difference in this update as i don't use  exchange but will have to wait and see how the update effects performance, etc.

0 Likes
Breakthecycle2

My wife works fore Adobe and they sent an email (internally) two weeks before the Droid X launched and said the 2.2 Froyo update will be rolled out in Early August.

0 Likes
gerelee
Enthusiast - Level 3

froyo,that would be nice!!!!!

off  topic, but if these guys think the ringer volume is low on this phone, they should try some of the tmobile phones, lol, excluding the blackberries!

0 Likes
Breakthecycle2

Yeah, I have really no clue what they are talking about. For me anyway, the ringer volume is fine. Adobe is also giving all theur employees a Nexus One for AT&T so I just sold mine. I will still have her's to play with...hahaha.

But yeah, Froyo should be out in a few weeks for the X.

0 Likes
mainman134

:smileymad:Not pleased at all  yet. Still have not gotten the update....... its been a week since many of you have gotten update....

0 Likes
mainman134

Its not only the ring volume, the navigation is absolutely useless if you depending on hearing it. You can not be moving or have radio on or talking in the vehicle and must be up against the phone to hear the navigation.

0 Likes
GeekGuy

mainman134 wrote:

:smileymad:Not pleased at all  yet. Still have not gotten the update....... its been a week since many of you have gotten update....

What you may be referring to is an unofficial version that has been called a leaked update.  It is not an official update issued by Motorola or Verizon Wireless.   We are not scheduled to get an update until sometime next month.

0 Likes