Droid X update to roll out tonight
Breakthecycle2

If anyone is interested, Verizon will be pushing out an update for the X tonight, starting at 10:59 P.M. CST.

0 Likes
Re: Droid X update to roll out tonight
Adam2817

And what will they be fixing?

0 Likes
gerelee
Enthusiast - Level 3

hmmm, i thought you were on tmobile??? i see you're sticking with android at least :smileyhappy:

and thanks for the info on the update!

Breakthecycle2 wrote:

If anyone is interested, Verizon will be pushing out an update for the X tonight, starting at 10:59 P.M. CST.

0 Likes
Breakthecycle2
  • Improved battery charging status indicator.
  • Smoother transition for camera and camcorder functions.
  • Redesign of weather widget icons.
  • Faster Exchange ActiveSync® email loading.
  • Streamlined organization of newly downloaded applications.
  • Organized favorite contacts by call count.
  • Updated Bluetooth® connection for enhanced video sharing experience.
  • Coordinated date and time across phone displays.
  • Cleaner looking status bar for GPS symbol.
  • Improved sync capabilities for 3G Mobile Hotspot.
  • Faster Visual Voice Mail loading.
0 Likes
dsxdroider

You can read about what they will be fixing in the PDF files here:

http://support.vzw.com/system_update/droid_x.html

Roughly, something like:

- Improved battery charging status indicator.

- Smoother transition for camera and camcorder functions.

- Redesign of weather widget icons.

- Faster Exchange ActiveSync® email loading.

- Streamlined organization of newly downloaded applications.

- Organized favorite contacts by call count.

- Updated Bluetooth® connection for enhanced video sharing experience.

- Coordinated date and time across phone displays.

- Cleaner looking status bar for GPS symbol.

- Improved sync capabilities for 3G Mobile Hotspot.

- Faster Visual Voice Mail loading.

My big questions is whether this update will fix the volume problem by coding the phone to send more power to the phone speakers. For all you people who deny there is a volume problem, if you are happy with the volume, then that is great! However, so many people have reported volume problems that Verizon knows about and acknowledges this problem. The question is what and when they are going to do something about it. A Verizon app that provides extended/more control over the volume? Code (in a system update) that tells the phone to send more power to the speakers when the volume is turned up? Does anyone know? If so, please share. 

0 Likes
Breakthecycle2

gerelee wrote:

hmmm, i thought you were on tmobile??? i see you're sticking with android at least :smileyhappy:

and thanks for the info on the update!

Breakthecycle2 wrote:

I was!..well am still. I still got the Nexus One and an HTC HD2 running Android!

0 Likes
dsxdroider

May I ask how someone found out that the update will begin/become available "starting at 10:59 P.M. CST"? The best websites that report on this stuff state the today is just a guess/rumor about the timing of the update. Could someone please clarify? Also, any word on whether this update will boost the power that the phone sends to the speakers, which would solve the volume problem?

0 Likes
gerelee
Enthusiast - Level 3

i still have tmo but am trying out verizon. i had to leave the city, where tmo 3g speeds were unreal, and now i'm 15 miles from tmo 3g.......boo, hiss, not to mention once i get out of this area there is NO tmo coverage. so far i do like the droid x though verizon 3g pales compared to tmo's in manhattan. oh well :smileyhappy:

nice to see you here, surprised you didn't pick up the vibrant, wouldn't be worth it for me if i only have edge.

0 Likes
Breakthecycle2

Just call me Android guy. I listed what it's going to update / fix.

0 Likes
Breakthecycle2

gerelee wrote:

i still have tmo but am trying out verizon. i had to leave the city, where tmo 3g speeds were unreal, and now i'm 15 miles from tmo 3g.......boo, hiss, not to mention once i get out of this area there is NO tmo coverage. so far i do like the droid x though verizon 3g pales compared to tmo's in manhattan. oh well :smileyhappy:

nice to see you here, surprised you didn't pick up the vibrant, wouldn't be worth it for me if i only have edge.

What was you name on the T-Mo boards?

I went out on a mission on the 15th..to get the Droid X, Vibrant and HD2 (again). I got everything but the Vibrant...I don't like it...at all.

0 Likes