Droid X stuck on M screen after upgrade to froyo.
photokunstler

hi. i am wondering if you had any problems with your X after upgrading to the new os. mine was acting all slow and sluggish... then rebooted.. it came back in safe mode and told me that i needed to upgrade to new OS.. so I did. then it rebooted and got stuck on the Motorola symbol screen. haven't been able to get it out of this mode. 

any similar phenomenon?

HHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Droid X stuck on M screen after upgrade to froyo.
Wildman
Legend

A number of users have experianced this issue, I resolved by:

Power Device Off First.....

1. Hold Home Button and press power

2. Screen will show a Android with a triangle with astrick

3. Let Go of Home Button and Power

4. Press Search Button (Far Left Button)

5. A blue menu will show at top of page, scroll to Format Device

6. Select Yes to verify

7. Allow format to complete (Information at bottom of page will go through a few steps)

8. Once Format is complete Blue Menu will show at top again, select Reboot

Note: Use volume up and down to select opinion and use camera button as Enter,,,

0 Likes
photokunstler

i ttried this.. now its on the black screen bootloader 30.03.

err a5,70,00,00, 2f

battery ok,

ok to program

transfer mode: USB

0 Likes
photokunstler

i didn't see the triangle with the astrick

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Did you make sure device was off and held the home and power button at same time and held until you seen the Triangle with droid showed?

0 Likes
photokunstler

yup!

unless the phone stays on with out the battery or usb plug.. i've hit the power button and the M screen pops right up

0 Likes
photokunstler

took out battery for 30 sec, then put it back in and tried to power up the phone/holding home button as well. same M screen.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Strange that usually works, The M normally show for a minute and then the Triangle shows, but if you are not getting past this screen then you will have to call CS and have them send out a replacement.

0 Likes
Armored

Suggest you check out the "Updated, now won't boot thread" as that sounds like the problem you are experiencing.  It looks like the busiest thread on the site and I wish the software folks would acknowelege the issue.  If you look at the thread people talk about putting their battery and or phone on the freezer.  I'm not a fan of this because that could not be good for the hardware. 

What I found was that the phone was active underneath the display and if I hit the power key and then guessed where the off button was on the screen the phone would then completly shut down.   It will continue to display the M but it will make the sounds it makes and vibrate as it usually does when it shuts down normally.  Leave it unplugged for 15 minutes and then try to turn it on.  This has worked for me when I had the problem.  One poster had suggested it was certain software incompatibilites with Aps and they felt Pandora might be a culprit.  I asked the poster if they don't have the problem as much since removing Pandora but I have not heard anything back.

Gook luck.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Armored wrote:

Suggest you check out the "Updated, now won't boot thread" as that sounds like the problem you are experiencing.  It looks like the busiest thread on the site and I wish the software folks would acknowelege the issue.  If you look at the thread people talk about putting their battery and or phone on the freezer.  I'm not a fan of this because that could not be good for the hardware. 

What I found was that the phone was active underneath the display and if I hit the power key and then guessed where the off button was on the screen the phone would then completly shut down.   It will continue to display the M but it will make the sounds it makes and vibrate as it usually does when it shuts down normally.  Leave it unplugged for 15 minutes and then try to turn it on.  This has worked for me when I had the problem.  One poster had suggested it was certain software incompatibilites with Aps and they felt Pandora might be a culprit.  I asked the poster if they don't have the problem as much since removing Pandora but I have not heard anything back.

Gook luck.

I read the post about placing it in the freezer but I was not prepared to suggest this because if something get damaged I kinda would feel bad because I suggested it, it seemed a bit extreme.  Also I noticed that the phone did appear to have the operating system complete its boot under the "M" logo but there hasnt been a official way to work around this that works for all users.

0 Likes