Re: Droid X scarce?
holc2600

I ordered my Droid X online 8/08 & was told that it would ship by 8/25. Has anyone else ordered theres about the same time & already received it? I'm sooo impatient! I'm ready to get it!

0 Likes
XFan1234

I ordered mine in store on 8/7 and was told 1-2 weeks. I have not received an email but have been waiting impatiently by the door just in case it comes early. No luck yet.

0 Likes
SteelerFan
Contributor - Level 2

I ordered mine on 8/6 online. It said it would ship by the 8/23. No email yet, I hoping it ships this week.

0 Likes
owen22

same boat as most of you.  ordered mine on 8/6.  called verizon customer service on 8/11 and was told mine was scheduled to ship on 8/23.  😕  i've been on my palm centro for the last two years.  i'm ready for the X!

0 Likes
Nate2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wrote:

> Has anyone ordered a Droid X from letstalk.com on or after 7/30/2010 and received it yet?
> I ordered mine on 7/30.

I finally received my Droid X from letstalk.com today (8/25).

0 Likes
oppassum

So this is my first time in about 3 years posting on a forum. That shows you how angry I am.

I went on to Letstalk.com's website on 8/23 to order a Droid X.  In stock, it says! 

Alright, after some debate on my phone plan and changing things around, and realizing that the reason my cart screen is screwed up is because LetsTalk's cart doesn't refresh right...I was ready to order!

Ordered and paid for it that day with overnight shipping at about 3:00.  Says it will ship out tomorrow.  No sweat, it was a late buy and I can wait one more day.

I get a notice in my e-mail saying it has been backordered.  The initial backorder date is 8/27, 4 days from when I ordered it.  Ok, it's a hot item.  I'm not happy, but what can you do?

One day later the backorder switches to 9/21!! WHAT?! Why the heck would I want to buy on your site if you can't give me the phone you promised?!?!

Now here's the kicker.  Over the course of the next week the stock CHANGED RAPIDLY.  on 4 separate occasions the stock went from backordered 9/21 to 9/7, to 8/27, to IN STOCK AND PICKING, back to 9/21, AND NOW TO 10/1!!

this is ridiculous, and they do it on purpose!  They know when they are getting their shipments and they know how many people have ordered.  Is it that hard to put two and two together?  Maybe they don't know a month in advance how many they are getting, but I guarantee that before they receive their next shipment, they know how many will be in it. 

but NO, they trick you for a day while they "pick" their stock and it allows their website to show a lesser backorder date or, in my case, that they have the phone in stock.

Poor business, LetsTalk, poor indeed.

0 Likes
Soly29
Contributor - Level 1

Can't you cancel the order with Let's Talk and order directly from Verizon or elsewhere? There should be no penalty since they falsely advertised their stock. I ordered mine on 8/25 online from VZW and it's supposed to ship on 9/9, also the VZW website shows a ship date of 9/15 now.  You would still get it sooner than 10/1. 

I'm anxiously waiting for mine so I can imagine how furious you must be waiting this long.  Hope you're able to resolve. Good luck.

0 Likes
letstalk.com order fulfillment [was Re: Droid X scarce?}
Nate2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had similar delays from letstalk.com:

Ordered 7/30/2010

Was initially led to believe I would get it by 1st week of 8/2010.

Then the website said by 9/1/2010.

I actually received my DroidX on 8/25/2010

The DroidX must be a really popular phone.

I really like mine.

Was worth the wait (I was thinking about switching to a Droid, or a Samsung Captivate (AT&T), but I'm glad I didn't).

0 Likes
Final price of a Droid X [was Re: Droid X scarce?]
Nate2
Enthusiast - Level 3

MsDroidX wrote:

> I purchased through VZW website on 7/30 and got it for $99.  I was eligible for my 'New Every 2 Years' $100 discount plus a

> $100 online discount.  I received my Droid X yesterday (8/10).

I don't mean to split hairs, but

I see I am supposed to get a "Bill Credit" of $30 from Verizon.

Do you get that from Verizon too?

So,

Droid X from letstalk $199 (original price)

letstalk discount $50

letstalk Refer A Friend discount (publicly available coupon code) $25

1-time Verizon Bill Credit  $30

Final cost: $94

0 Likes
bloggerpimp

Let's Talk increased the price of the Motorola Droid X Verizon Wireless Cell Phone to $179! It's no longer $125, but you get 5% Off with the right coupon code.

0 Likes