Droid X restarting since updating to 2.2.1
azdh101

My Droid X is now randomly crashing/restarting itself since the update to 2.2.1 a few days ago. Never had this problem before. What to do now?

0 Likes
Re: Droid X restarting since updating to 2.2.1
Wildman
Legend

My suggestion is to do a hard reset...  Mostly all issues after a OS update is because of preinstalled apps before update.  I always reset before updating to avoid issues.

0 Likes
MrMikeM513
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in the same boat. Had a few random reboots under 2.2, but now it's constant.

After work, I'll try a factory reset. Then I'll install my apps 1 by 1. I use Launcher Pro and a couple of non-standard apps.

I wonder, are there any diagnostic apps which log crashes and can pinpoint the source? That may be indispensable for figuring out what software is causing this, if any.

I sure hope it's not the OS itself. I'm beginning to wish I'd  tried an HTC handset by now.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I can assure you that issue isnt the OS because my device has been running perfectly since update to 2.3.340 (2.2.1), I really think hard resetting before installing a OS update can avoid a number of issues.  I do it everytime and everthing goes smooth for me.

0 Likes
mlemmens

how do you do a factory reset and doesnt this erase EVERYTHING.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

mlemmens wrote:

how do you do a factory reset and doesnt this erase EVERYTHING.

You should backup before doing because this does wipe all data on device, the contacts should be backup to Google...Read post here:  http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Minimize-Droid-X-Issues-After-Froyo-Update/m-p/33018...  

0 Likes