Droid X on Connect Plan
DontRegister
Contributor - Level 2

Im currently on the Connect Plan with a Env Touch as the "Main Line"... can I switch to the Droid X (bought one on my own) as the Main Line and continue with the Connect Plan for my "other 2 phones" (another Env Touch and old flip)

the 2 "others" currently get unlimited internet and text (flip only text)

Question: by putting the Droid X as my "main phone" would I still get unlimited internet, texting etc or would I fall into that new "limited" plan that VZW just rolled out.

Would my Connect Plan be voided?

0 Likes
Re: Droid X on Connect Plan
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

DontRegister wrote:

Im currently on the Connect Plan with a Env Touch as the "Main Line"... can I switch to the Droid X (bought one on my own) as the Main Line and continue with the Connect Plan for my "other 2 phones" (another Env Touch and old flip)

the 2 "others" currently get unlimited internet and text (flip only text)

Question: by putting the Droid X as my "main phone" would I still get unlimited internet, texting etc or would I fall into that new "limited" plan that VZW just rolled out.

Would my Connect Plan be voided?

Smartphones, Blackberries, and 4g devices are usually not compatible with the Connect plans. You'll be required to change to a Nationwide plan for your whole account. Since you do not currently have the unlimited data plan for smartphones (you have the feature phone, or multimedia phone unlimited plan) you will have to select from the tiered plans if you were to activate a smartphone on any of your lines.

0 Likes
DontRegister
Contributor - Level 2

I have FOUR phones on my plan and ONE is a smartphone, Droid Incredible.

0 Likes
Not applicable

DontRegister,

Morning!  

You ask a great question. The connect plan is a retired Nationwide plan that was/is not compatible with smartphones. Without looking at your account, I can recommend some options. You can select another line as your primary after the upgrade and make the Droid X a 'Select' secondary line, which includes the shared minutes and unlimited messaging. Then you would choose from one of the current data packages. With this option, the other two lines would stay on the Connect plans. Or, if you wish to keep the Droid X your primary line, you will have to pick a new Nationwide Talk or Nationwide Talk + Text plan with the add-on features. I recommend logging into My Verizon and clicking on "Wireless Account Analysis" to see what plan best suits the current usage for your lines. 

If you would like further assistance and more details on a plan change, please PM me.

Have a great day!

0 Likes
DontRegister
Contributor - Level 2

so you're saying I can... as long as I change my primary line to one of the "old phones"?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the old configuration was $15 for unlimited internet on non smart phones & not the same on the smart phones before july 7th, so if you change to an old phone as primary, they'll still hook you for the new rates, no longer unlim for new smart phone accounts.

i was paying for 2 additional phones on a family plan before i got the dx last december.
adding the dx gave a credit of $9.99 for one of the family plan phones.

bottom line, you're not going to pull anything by making the droid a secondary phone.

0 Likes
DontRegister
Contributor - Level 2

bearone21 wrote:

the old configuration was $15 for unlimited internet on non smart phones & not the same on the smart phones before july 7th, so if you change to an old phone as primary, they'll still hook you for the new rates, no longer unlim for new smart phone accounts.

i was paying for 2 additional phones on a family plan before i got the dx last december.

bottom line, you're not going to pull anything by making the droid a secondary phone.

Im not worried about the Droid X... 2 GBs is more that enough etc.

My concern is keeping the other 2 "feature" phones unlimited under the Connect Plan (unlimted net & texting at 19.98

0 Likes
DontRegister
Contributor - Level 2

and it appears that the "rep" says its possible... who should I believe?

bearone21 wrote:

0 Likes