Droid X is Stuck in "Roaming" Mode
jrein0729

Anybody have any ideas on why all of a sudden my phone got stuck in roaming mode?  It's never happened before (I had to look up what the blue triangle meant online as it was the first time I've ever seen it).  I'm in a location with great service, Charlotte, NC and haven't had this issue before.  My cell number is not a local number, but I've been here for multiple years and never had an issue.  I did update my cell plan online right before this started happening.  Even though I just changed my text messaging plan could this possibly have been what triggered the issue?

0 Likes
Re: Droid X is Stuck in "Roaming" Mode
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

jrein0729 wrote:

Anybody have any ideas on why all of a sudden my phone got stuck in roaming mode?  It's never happened before (I had to look up what the blue triangle meant online as it was the first time I've ever seen it).  I'm in a location with great service, Charlotte, NC and haven't had this issue before.  My cell number is not a local number, but I've been here for multiple years and never had an issue.  I did update my cell plan online right before this started happening.  Even though I just changed my text messaging plan could this possibly have been what triggered the issue?

What plan are you on. A Verizon one or an Alltel one?

It might also be possible that a tower is down in the area so the phone is connected to another carrier tower to get signal. You won't be charged for roaming in the USA.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jrein0729

I am on a Verizon Plan.  I don't think it is a cell tower down because my phone is the only one that is doing this. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does rebooting the phone help?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jrein0729

It did not make a difference. Neither does dialing *228 and updating

through that.

0 Likes
wheel

Hey, I still have a Droid X on my account and use it everyday for business.  I had this same thing happen last year, also had to look up the symbol to see what is was.Anyway, I did the home, power button sequence to get into the menu that allows you to clear the cache, then rebooted and the symbol went away to never return.

Here is how to wipe the system cache on the Droid X. You should only do this is you are having issues with your phone.

Make sure you back up your data before doing this!

• Power the phone off
  • Power On while holding down the Home key
  • When exclamation point icon appears press BOTH volume keys
  • Use volume keys to navigate to "wipe cache partition" and tap the power button to select
  • Wait for it to finish and select reboot system

This procedure above was copied from another source, but, when holding down the power and home button, release the power button when you see the red M and release the home button when the exclamation point icon appears.

0 Likes