Re: Droid X extended battery IS A MUST!
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Ssmith10pn the battery fits with the original cover.
0 Likes
willyjay

Regarding the battery doors....on the battery door with included battery it states only use with BH5X battery (regular battery) and only use with BH6X (extended battery) on door with extended battery. 

My question is around the metal terminal posts at the inside bottom of the doors....the extended battery door's posts are raised to ensure they touch with the ones on phone (at the bottom of the battery tray).  Will this affect anything by using the stock battery door with the exteneded battery???

0 Likes
PacoX
Enthusiast - Level 3

My stock door doesnt seem to fit. On other note, does the extended battery affect covers/cases. It looks like the Verizon skins have a space for the new door. My store didnt have the color I wanted though.

0 Likes
willyjay

PacoX wrote:

My stock door doesnt seem to fit. On other note, does the extended battery affect covers/cases. It looks like the Verizon skins have a space for the new door. My store didnt have the color I wanted though.

Strange....my stock door slides over the extended battery just as easily as it did the stock battery.  When I purchased the extended battery at the store, I made sure the stock cover would fit by letting the CS person install the new battery with stock door.  To their surprise, it fit with no issues at all and they even said they would now buy the extended battery seeing as they can keep the same form factor.

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

ive seen posts saying they ship the phones with the certain battery to maintain a slim sleek phone honestly??? would anyone else with a phone the size of the droid mind it being slightly thicker if it ment having a true all day and night battery ??i wouldnt....it already has that camera bulge i dont think we would notice a thicker phone if they shipped that way when screens crawled over 4 inches i think the tiny super sleek and slim designs were obsolete ....just juice up our phones we pay so dearly for and it'll ease the pain of paying out the tail for the monthly bill

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Hmm thats weird.... my stock original battery door that reads "Only use Motorola BH5X battery with this door" fits my BH6X battery. How can it not fit? Are you sure you put it in there good and tight? Are the metal hooks on your stock door damaged? Theres even a video on youtube, look for "droid x extended" and you will find the videos.
0 Likes
PacoX
Enthusiast - Level 3
For thr record what kind of times are people seeing with the ext battery. I have a feeling my phone is eating batteries. I am watching it drain as I type despite being being in smart mode and no background apps running.
0 Likes
matty032

Just ordered mine.  Free overnight shippin!

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Well today I have been using mine alot today. Wifi on for most of the day. I unplugged from charger at 2pm today. It is now 1:53am and I am at 30%. My brightness is at 100%. Running dolphin browser all day long and google maps with latitude being on.
0 Likes
Med_ed

This thread is extremely helpful.  I've already ordered the extended battery.  Thanks to all who participated. 

0 Likes