Droid X battery will not charge when phone is in vehicle mount
zihuacarter

Droid X battery will not charge when phone is in vehicle mount. If you plug phone directly in to car charger it charges fine. This makes using the GPS virtually useless as it runs down the battery very fast. Anyone else have this problem. Other wise I love the phone.

0 Likes
Re: Droid X battery will not charge when phone is in vehicle mount
dsxdroider

Many of the Verizon Droid X car mounts have defective wires in them. This problem is widely reported on many forums and websites. You should return your product for a brand new replacement that is not defective  (that is, the car charger will charge your Droid X when it is in the car mount).

--

I happen to love the Verizon Droid X car mount. Lot of ways to adjust it from different angles for different placements. Just get a Verizon Droid X car mount replacement that does not have defective wires in it, and it should work just fine!

0 Likes
Re: Droid X battery will not charge when phone is in vehicle mount
vicw926a4

Please don't get upset for me asking this, but was the DX in a case while installed in the vehicle Mount? 

If so, the phone won't completely seat in the mount, or make good contact with the microUSB connector.  If there is a case on the phone, you might try removing the case, or removing the insert that comes installed on the mount. No tools are required to remove it.   Removal of the insert should allow the phone to seat more securely, even with a case, although it won't accomodate every variety of case.

0 Likes