Droid X battery type
onewithshadows

I have the Incredible now...for about a month. So guess how jipped I felt when they announced the Droid X? Well, my wife's upgrade is coming up on the 7th and she wants the Incredible, which works out great.

The TERRIBLE battery life with the Incredible has me sitting with 2 extra el-cheapo batteries and my favorite accessory, the wall charger for just the battery.

My question is this: is the battery for the Droid X the same size as the original battery? IE will I be able to purchase a couple of extra batteries and a wallcharger for the batteries when I pre-order the phone?

0 Likes
Re: Droid X battery type
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

The battery for the HTC Droid Incredible is 1300mah and the battery from the Motorola Droid X is 1500mah. So the battery for the X is slightly larger than the battery from the Incredible, and yes you will be able to purchase extra accessories for your device when you pre-order it. HTH:smileywink:

0 Likes
SneakeSnake

sHaY_j wrote:

The battery for the HTC Droid Incredible is 1300mah and the battery from the Motorola Droid X is 1500mah. So the battery for the X is slightly larger than the battery from the Incredible, and yes you will be able to purchase extra accessories for your device when you pre-order it. HTH:smileywink:

hmmmmm, was this a little slip of some insider info?  from everything I have read everywhere, the X isnt going to be available for pre-order...

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if you got what i got (ebay for $12...2 batteries and wall charger) then they are 1500 also...so if shay is right then your el cheapos would fit your X.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

why would an HTC battery fit a motorola? that doesn't make sense. of coase they won't. but, you will be able to buy new batteries for your droid X, as far as a dedicated battery charger, only time will tell, there is no way for us to anticipate what size (extended) batteries will be available, and what kinds of chargers will be available.

0 Likes
onewithshadows

Really what I was curious of is if even though the old Droid batteries were only 1300mah, are they the same physical size as the stock Droid X battery. As far as I can currently tell there are no available Droid X batteries with wall charger available on ebay. There are however tons of original Droid battiers/wall chargers available. So, even though the batteries are only 1300mah are they like HTC batteries in the sense that they are interchangeable? I could deal with a smaller battery as a backup. Droid X does have better battery life from what I have read. That being said though, I still manage to burn through the HTC Incredible batteries 2x a day, up to 3x per day. It's amazing that with all the reviews and even the tear down I saw this question hasn't been answered yet. :smileysad:

And yes, I found out after posting this that there is no pre-order. Except through Best Buy...which I wouldn't do. Ill just go stand in line and hopefully show up 3 hours before open to make sure I get one.

Edit: I am also fairly sure that with a larger screen the Droid X would have used more power, but the cpu is 45nm process and I think (but not positive) that the Incredible snapdraggon is 65nm? So, I think that would account for a large portion of the energy efficiency.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i can't find anything on it? i thought they announced the release so i thought it would be easy to figure out if it uses the same battery as the original droid (or another motorola)???? also....best buy froze their pre orders. i know you weren't ordering from them....but now nobody can. looks like they've already taken more orders for the X than they are actually going to have. i'm wondering how much of an issue/shortage the X will have as compared to the inc? the ip4 did a great job for it's release and i know there was the screen issue with the inc, so hopefully the X wont be the mess that the inc was/is.

0 Likes
onewithshadows

Haha, yes, now you see the problem I have been having. I have been searching for a little while now and I still have not found an answer yet. I know they will EVENTUALLY release 1 - 3 different extended batteries...which is great, but that doesn't help me in the 2 or 3 month wait up til then lol. Yeah, I figured something like that would happen with Best Buy. That is why I figured I would just stand in line and wait. My wife and are going to devide and conquer! We'll get it from one of two stores.

Hopefully the Droid X isn't plagued by any of the problems of the Incredible. The Incredible is....incredible, but the backorder issue due the screens is kind of lame. I feel sorry for those being jipped getting an TFT LCD instead of the BEAUTIFUL AMOLED. Well, if anyone gets any new info please post here! I would love to know this before release so I can have a battery ready to go. Thanks everyone!

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

there will likely be batteries, but they will likely not be released until the phone is, or most likely, not until after the phone is released. it is also possible the moto droid batteries will be cross compatable, but once again, no one will truly know until the phone is released.

0 Likes
onewithshadows

I just don't know how we do not know yet. Mosty because there have even been full tear downs of the phone already. I would think this should be one of the first things that someone taking the phone apart should take a look at. The Incredible had that going for it pretty much when it came out. (everyone pointed out the 1750mah from Seidio fit it) Time will tell I guess though. I just hope it isn't too long after the phone is released. I can't stand having to have the phone on the charger more than off. Perhaps the increase in battery size/life on the X will get me through the day unlike the Incredible.

0 Likes