Droid X and Gmail Contacts
ZippyTheDroid

I'm frustrated and need some help, or at least some clarification.

Contacts are stored in different places.  One place is under the Phone icon and the other is under the Contact icon.  This issue relates to the contacts stored under the Phone icon.

My old, beloved Droid 1 would only sync the contacts that were in my Gmail "My Contacts", but my new, awesome Droid X syncs over all of the contacts in "All Contacts" if they have a phone number.  In other words, ALL of my Gmail contacts show up in the Dialer Contacts tab, along with my Facebook contacts, and it's not what I want.  

Is there any way to limit the contacts in the Dialer Contacts to just My Contacts in Gmail? I don't think I should have to manage two or more contact lists on this phone.  Or do I?

0 Likes
Re: Droid X and Gmail Contacts
ZippyTheDroid

I wanted to add some clarification here.  

The contacts under the Phone Dialer icon (phone handset) not the Contact icon (little head and shoulders) is where the Droid X is pulling in all of the contacts from Gmail (All Contacts).  There isn't anyway to specify which contacts show up in the Dialer on the Contacts tab that I can see. The Favorites tab in the Dialer pulls in the group "Starred in Android", but the Contacts tab pulls in any contact from "All Contacts" that has a phone number.  I only want to see the contacts in the group "My Contacts" in Gmail in the Contacts tab on my Droid X.

I know that you can select the contact Display Group under the Contacts icon (little head and shoulders), but you can't do it under the Dialer icon (phone handset) as far as I can tell. Am I missing something?

0 Likes
draya06
Contributor - Level 1

If you go to contacts (from either shortcut icon) hit menu, there is a display options button. Under choose contacts to display select your Google account and my contacts. Under all the other accounts, make sure none of the check marks are green. You should only have your google contacts showing now.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
my phone contacts appear to be the same, whether in dialer or contacts.
0 Likes