Droid X Users: Beware of Froyo 2.2 Update
Android_Freak

I know it hasn't been released for X yet. But, once it is be wary of installing the update. So far, I've read several places that users of the Incredible and original Moto Droid have NOT had good experiences with the update. It's being reported by users that the phone takes 8 hours to charge, completely destroys battery life, runs multiple apps all the time (apps killers fail to kill them, they just restart on their own) even if you didn't open the apps, e-mail importing is an issue, and so is integration of social networking sites.

Word of advise: Once you receive the notice to upgrade your Droid X to 2.2 hold off and see if a lot of people are complaining about the update. If it causes as many problems for the X as it has the Incredible and original Droid, it may be worth it to wait for the first 2.2 update to be released to try and fix these initial complaints.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

0 Likes
Re: Droid X Users: Beware of Froyo 2.2 Update
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2

my sister and brother in law each have the original moto droids and neither have made a mention of any issues after receiving the 2.2 update. She even called me to let me know that it had begun updating i went over there to check it out and i wasnt impressed at all. Other than a couple tweaks on the lock screen i was rather unimpressed. all i have been reading on forums and such was the 2.2 update was going to provide the end user with a whole new experience but all i noticed was just a couple of minor visual tweaks. I`m afraid that once 2.2 does become available for the x there is going to be a ton of people who are going to feel let down once they are updated. the expectations of an all new os is gonna be a let down for alot of people. thats just my .02.

0 Likes
deesee79

the big hubb-a-baa-loo is that 2.2 users can "experience" the full web...........I.E flash websites, games, etc..............

for me flash on my mobile will be a HUUUUUUUGGGGE upgrade and imporved user experience...

just my .03

0 Likes
jmorton10
I hope I'm not breaking a rule by posting this, but I installed the leaked 2.2 update and my X runs perfectly with it.

I'm sure the official ota update will work just fine.

~John
0 Likes
dimap
Contributor - Level 1

If your experience with the leaked verison is positive then the official version will most likely be fine too. Just be sure you can back-flash to 2.1 first because MOTO says there is no upgrade path to the official version from the leaked version. So buyer beware!

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

deesee79 wrote:

the big hubb-a-baa-loo is that 2.2 users can "experience" the full web...........I.E flash websites, games, etc..............

for me flash on my mobile will be a HUUUUUUUGGGGE upgrade and imporved user experience...

just my .03

i think everyone has thier different views on 2.2 update. Some people are having problems with features after the update occurs. But you are lucky to have flash on the phone finely available. I'd like to have flash on my phone

0 Likes
deesee79

honestly i can survive and live without flash on my phone,

but it'll be cool to visit this one site that has some cool 808, 909, and 303...!!!!   drum machines to play around wif...!!!!!  no audio app needed......

:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
BigCTexas

Could you please provide links to what you have read about the 2.2 update so users here can read them?

0 Likes
Android_Freak

BigCTexas wrote:

Could you please provide links to what you have read about the 2.2 update so users here can read them?

There's a lot of places. But, check the boards right here for the Incredible and original Droid. Obviously, we're on the board for the X. But, you'll see plenty of threads about it on the two boards for those other phones.

0 Likes
BigCTexas

Likely that Froyo updates will affect phones differently. Just concerned about how X responds.

0 Likes