Droid X Orders processed on Aug 18 - Did you receive your phone yet?
upsandowns

Post here if you ordered your phone on Aug 18th, how your ordered (online or in store) and what area you live in, and what date you received your phone, if you have.

Northern CA

Ordered Aug 18 online

No phone yet

No confirmation other than the Due to demand your phone will ship on Aug. 31.

I don't really trust this shipping date, as it is only an estimate.

When I talked to CS today about a confirmation letter regarding renewal of my contract (no data plan is listed at all, nor is the new phone),  I was told he got an error about the plan, and that the plan I renewed online doesn't allow the use of the Droid, although when I ordered the phone, it said my plan was compatible. 

He did say my account shows that I ordered a phone and that the shipping date is Aug 31st.  I'm not sure it's my actual ship date or just the "estimated ship date"  as per an email response I received.  At one point, he asked me to hold to check online orders.  When he returned he said my shipping date was September 10th.  Then he started to explain to me about the red circle on the phone when I ordered it.  I explained that when I ordered it, the red circle said August 31st. 

Now I am curious about how many people have gotten a firm delivery date, rather than an estimate, or have already received their phone.

0 Likes
Re: Droid X Orders processed on Aug 18 - Did you receive your phone yet?
rlbtn4171

Ordered mine on the 18th. in store... called CS and have been given a ship by date of 8/31 although when I ordered in store they said ship by 25th.... who knows!!!!

0 Likes
Jen-X

Hi,

I know your frustration. I didn't order mine on the 18th. I ordered mine on the 10th online and it said it should be shipped by 8/26. Well, I received it on the 24th and got confirmation via email on the 23 that it was shipped. The ship by/delivery date is just an estimate to ensure they have sufficient time to process the order and quantity i guess. I did see on the news two weeks ago that due to supply and demand of chips, the droid x is low in supply. just be patient, you'll probably get it before the date they gave you. one of my friend's friend ordered it the first week of august and got it the next week.

0 Likes
mr_b37

I ordered my Droid X on Aug 12 and received it on Aug 25

0 Likes
BlkVibeNC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I orderd mine, online, on the 18th and received my email confirmation today:  Will received my Droid X on August 30th....my birthday!  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Darn it anyway ....  I ordered mine on the 18th as well ....  Still showing 9/6 ship date.

0 Likes
hifromd11

Ordered my Droid X from Verizon website on August 18th. Order confirmed via email on August 22nd. Estimated delivery of August 31st. Received it via Fed Ex on August 25th. Sent from West Chester, PA to Vermont. Felt like a kid at Christmastime. I've been playing with it now for two days. Nothing short of AMAZING!!!!  Haven't got yours yet? BELIEVE ME....It's worth the wait!!!!

0 Likes
lunchbawx

the same for me. i ordered mine on the 9th and got it on the 24th. with a ship-by date of 26th.

0 Likes
upsandowns

BlkVibeNC wrote:

I orderd mine, online, on the 18th and received my email confirmation today:  Will received my Droid X on August 30th....my birthday!  Smiley Happy

Congratulations on finally getting an email confirmation.  And Happy Birthday!

0 Likes
tam-iam

Northern CA

Ordered Aug 14  In Verizon Store

No phone yet

No confirmation.  I was quoted a ship by date of Aug. 31 and overnight delivery.

I was hoping to get it before this weekend, but no luck and still no tracking info.

0 Likes