Droid X Data Plan and Mobile Hot Spot
gatto717

I was wondering what is offered with the required $30 a month charge for the Droid X, I thought that like blackberry phones that required $30 gives you access to unlimited internet access. So I am confused by the need for a $20 a month charge for the Mobile Hot Spot except for the fact that you can have wifi which may give you a better signal when you can connect to your home connection. So I was wondering if I could get so extra knowledge on what the two planes provide exactly.

Thanks, Ryan

0 Likes
Re: Droid X Data Plan and Mobile Hot Spot
BDawg866
Enthusiast - Level 3

The $30 charge does give you unlimited data usage on the phone. The $20 mobile hotspot plan is for using your phone as a wireless access point for upto 5 devices, such as a laptop, ipod, or other device with wireless capabilities.

0 Likes
Re: Droid X Data Plan and Mobile Hot Spot
budone
Legend

BDawg866 wrote:

The $30 charge does give you unlimited data usage on the phone. The $20 mobile hotspot plan is for using your phone as a wireless access point for upto 5 devices, such as a laptop, ipod, or other device with wireless capabilities.

Couple things to consider. That $20 gets you only 2GB.  Also if you leave the option on and use your phone to say access the internet, it is using the 2GB you are given.

0 Likes