Re: Droid X Contacts Problem
runnman
Contributor - Level 1

Can the DroidX backup contacts to the installed microSD Card like the Incredible can?

0 Likes
Brooklyn

Same problem for me.  Once I synced Facebook, all of my non-Facebook contacts only show up in the phone contacts section.  This makes it impossible to text more than one person at a time if they're not in your phone contacts.

0 Likes
liljenn73

I believe I'm having the same issue, but its my MySpace contacts that have taken over.  Friends have symbols in front of their names in myspace and when I edit the contact card to their proper name, it still shows in my contact list with their stars.  I can't make every correct their myspace accounts lol Please Help!

0 Likes
lib020

Mine did that too. I took it back to Verizon. They tried everything...even resyncing from my old phone. I wound up just having to go in manually and entering my contacts.

0 Likes
Mr-D
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well this has been quiet for a while, and I can't imagine only a few people are having this same problem.  Is there anyone else out there having the same problems with their contacts?

0 Likes
Iria

Well, as I said I see all my contacts in the Contacts tab of the Phone app.  But they aren't visible in reg. contacts.

Don't forget to check to see if you have the 1.13.640 ROM update available for your device, though I don't believe it changes any contacts behavior.

0 Likes
ithaibob

I have this same problem. My contacts were transferred over from my old phone and are not being displayed in the contacts tab, only by the contact search option. My daughter's phone, however, is displaying her contacts in the contacts tab as they were unable to transfer them from her old phone so she had to enter them manually. I hope that there will be a way to fix this problem soon. 

0 Likes
brxtacy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Im having the same problem, when I go into the dialer and click on contacts I get ALL of my Facebook contacts and their phone numbers whether they are in my phonebook or not. I hadnt even noticed it until my wife was playing with my phone and started asking me who all the "girls" were and why I had their phone numbers lol. The other problem is that I technically dont have a "phonebook", I only have Facebook and Google contacts. And as far as I can tell, I have no way of transferring them without manually entering each of them. I have noticed however, the easiest way of viewing them in the dialer is to go in the contacts on the home screen and mark all your favorites by clicking the stars by their names. Other than that, if I wanna call someone or text, I have to go to the home screen contacts list and view my google contacts.

I sure hope they fix this soon.

0 Likes
GettingPO

I have the Droid X purchasedlast thursday.  I am using Corporate sync for contacts, email and calendar.  I did the first sync and most evertthing came over except the pictures that I have in Exchange.  I tried Touchdown by Nitrodesk.  That sync'd worked and download pictures.  The Voice Command does not see TouchDown.  So i did the copied from touchdown to native contact list.  No pictures.  I have no other contacts in Gmail or facebook. 

Any ideas short of installing each picture one at a time?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Mr-D
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well for those of us that are having this problem, I just got my problem, well, not exactly solved but a work around was put in place in my view.

This will take a call to Verizon Wireless Support, and get to the 3rd tier support person (they call them internal).

They will activate the previous phone you had before the droid (mine was the blackberry tour).

Using Backup Assistant your contacts will get uploaded to a Verizon server.

Then he will switch active phone back to the droid, while you login into Verizon Wireless, and go to the home page.

Above the picture of your current  phone you will find a contacts link (the support person will walk you through it.)

I had to change the view to list the contacts as opposed to the default view.

Then export the contacts from there in ,csv format and save to your desktop.

Log into GMail, click contacts, browse to the file on your desktop, and GMail will import them rather quickly.

Shortly after that your Droid will be automatically updated (The Droid syncs with Gmail realtime)

I call this a work around because the contacts application will show my contacts when "all contacts" is selected, but the default numbers still when Phone Contacts are selected.  But at least my contacts are available to all applications now.

If you have never run backup assistant before that alone can be used.  We couldn't get it to sync with my phone that way so we went the Gmail route.

Good luck to you all, and hope this if corrected in the next OS update!

0 Likes