Droid X Camera Not Working After Update?
JohnOaks

Got the Droid X on 7/15, everything was great, got the system update, now the camera won't work. Black screen only, even though both the Camera and Camcorder apps behave like they're working (with a black screen). Cannot take pictures at all, can take video, although no image is shown and playback of videos is a completely black screen.

I look in the camera and it looks like the shutter is open, although I'm not 100% certain what a closed shutter would look like. I think I can see the lens.

I did a full System Restore, the problem did not go away.

I've tried the camera app from the marketplace, facebook, etc., all treat the camera in the same way: just a black screen.

Trying to take a picture, the focus noise doesn't even sound.

This was working prior to the update, albeit in a laggy manner. Should I return my Droid X, or is there some other software / use fix I have not tried?

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Droid X Camera Not Working After Update?
wchandy

My son had an issue with the camera after the software update. The camera now has just a black screen. After calling tech support and performing numerous steps including a hard reset, the camera would still not function. The phone will now be replaced (but is unfortunately on back order)

0 Likes
holman108

Same problem as above. However, in this instance the camera worked once and then poof.  Nothing but black screen.

I paid top dollar for this phone and it has to be replaced.  However, there are no replacement phones available. 

This is unacceptable.

What is with VZW?  First no Incredibles in stock or units for replacement.  Now this Droid X?

I was assured that supply issues with the Incredible would not be repeated with the X.

I guess I was misinformed

I SWEAR...IF ATT WAS JUST NOT SUCH A **bleep** POOR CELL PROVIDER I WOULD SWITCH TO THE iPHONE !

0 Likes
airen6

i got the same problem as well the 4 PHYSICAL BUTTONS at bottom of da. phone don't LIGHT UP!!!

and, when i turn of ma. phone and turn it on again, it takes more than 5 secs. to SHOW EVERYTHING on ma. Phone's HOME SCREEN.

I HOPE, this would be solved quickly!!!!

AS, i see the update was suppose to fix minor bugs, but why in da. world it made camera stop workin'????

also, the 4 PHYSICAL BUTTONS at bottom of da. phone, which DOn't LIGHT UP!!!

0 Likes
polosusan

I did switch to the IPhone 4 only to send back and get the droid X.  I lost 90% of my calls and couldn't even get service in areas that I could before.  Wish Verizon got the IPhone but the Droid X is pretty cool.

0 Likes