Droid X & Backup Assistant
PattiNH

Is there a secret to getting backup assistant to send photos added to contacts from the computer to the Droid X?

I used it to backup my contacts, then edited them on the computer including adding phots. When I synched it, it took all the other corrections but didn't seem to upload the photos attached to the contacts.

Thanks for the help!

Patti

0 Likes
Re: Droid X & Backup Assistant
SHAC
Enthusiast - Level 3

My advice re: Backup Assistant is not to use it. It suuuuuuucks

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately at this time backup assistant only store names and numbers. It is not available to sync with the pictures as well. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
nanajobel

Does anyone agree with me that using Backup Assistant online feels like it was programmed in 1995?  It is so clunkly to edit and has no merge function for duplicate entries.  What a pain.  At least the data is there for emergencies, but otherwise a pain to update. Of course I'm willing to admit that it could be user error as I did not spend more than 5 minuties trying to figure out what should be pretty straightforward.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i added pics from my pc a year ago & some appear to come from gmail(pics that i didn't add.

nanajobel:

yes, it was for saving just phone numbers in case you lost/upgraded a phone & many folks i have in ba don't have email so it works fine for me & has for several years, keeping those numbers in ba.

fwiw:

ba won't duplicate what's in gmail for email & phone numbers.

i have ba my primary backup but anything i add in gmail gets to the phone almost immediately.

0 Likes