Droid Wifi
kjay

I have had an ongoing issue for at least 3 weeks now.  I have called technical support and have not received a clear answer on how I can get this done.  I need this answered ASAP because it seems like it would be an easy task but it is highly frustrating.

I have a Moto Droid.   I want to simply connect my phone to my home wifi connection using WPA instead of WEP.   My phone is automatically recognizing that my connection is set up as a WEP and is not allowing me to change it.  Is there a way I can delete all of my wireless connections and set it up again?  or is it a way I can change my connection that is already set up to connect through WPA?   The WEP no longer works with my home network so I need this fixed ASAP due to this being an ongoing issue that is not resolved. 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Wifi
Not applicable

Maybe if you give your network a new name, etc. and then try connecting your phone to the new network.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

Try going into your wi-fi settings and clicking on add wi-fi network. Type in the name of the network and choose the security type wpa. Let me know if that works.

0 Likes
kjay

When I go through those steps, I put in my network name and the 26 digit password and click "ok".  When I do that, it goes back to the Wifi Settings screen and just adds it to the list of Wifi Networks without connecting.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Maybe if you give your network a new name, etc. and then try connecting your phone to the new network.

0 Likes
kjay

Simple solution and it worked!  Thanks :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
casemead

I had a question and after reading all the responses I got the answer! Thank you all so much!!!!

0 Likes