Droid... Very disappointing news
Neverknow

Ultimate buzz kill.

Ultimate Fail.

SOOoooo Disappointed!!!

http://androidandme.com/2009/10/news/google-fails-to-address-app-storage-issue-with-droid-and-androi...

Any thoughts,

Neverknow

0 Likes
Re: Droid... Very disappointing news
jon_yaya

I was concerned over this as well.  However, after looking through the online android market and looking through the programs i will likey use I am content. Most of the programs are under 2mb. So it seems that the 250 mb limit would be plenty. If someone needed more they should probably get a netbook. www.androlib.com (cant seem to get this to link properly so i suppose cut and paste) BTW i also read that the emulators (NES,SNES and Genesis will store/run the roms of SD card)

0 Likes
Gasmeister

"The emperor has no clothes" is what comes to mind.  All this fuss for an expensive toy.  My guess is that this will appeal to the suburaban teenagers dragging their moms into a Verizon store for a cool new phone.

0 Likes
Neverknow

It's just disappointing to here all the hype over the "iPhone killer" only to find out that is't just NOT.

Who cares how many aps a certain OS has if you can't dowload and utilize them all. You can't max out the iPhone due to all the available space!!

I'm just tired of all the marketing hype only to be left with a ultimate fail. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Neverknow

0 Likes
Samsungfan123

Neverknow wrote:

It's just disappointing to here all the hype over the "iPhone killer" only to find out that is't just NOT.

Who cares how many aps a certain OS has if you can't dowload and utilize them all. You can't max out the iPhone due to all the available space!!

I'm just tired of all the marketing hype only to be left with a ultimate fail. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Neverknow

Don't care about the Iphone but the M$ Marketplace has this same exact problem.

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Im sure this is the first of many more android phones to come.
0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I am sure eventually Google will have to loosen that.  I am sure Verizon is just the arena to get pressure to do that. 

0 Likes
Axis

Disappointing???   For Who???

A few phone gamers????  250mb is not all that shabby for phone applications....  It will only Run  / Multi task (6) apps at the same time anyways....  Hmmmm that's (6) Times.Say 4mb per application (being generous here) .. 24mb....  Leaves a ton of room to have other applications installed and on standby.................

Its NOT an Note/Net Book, It's a Phone....

I can only please one person each day.
Today is not your day.
Tomorrow doesn't look good either.

0 Likes
lonnie

Anyone still waiting for droid?

0 Likes
patrick_bateman

I am still waiting for the Droid!

There are ways to move apps to an SD card, just look around google.  It will require a modicum of tech saviness, but for those that don't want to be compared to  suburban moms and daughters, I'm sure it will be a feat worth attempting. 

I will admit that I am disappointed that storing and running apps from the SD card isn't going to be available out of the box, but the whole reason I want this phone is for the ultra customization that it offers.  One of which it is very easy to hack, and there is a huge online community willing to help.

0 Likes