Droid Ultra, updated to 4.4.4 and the rear camera stopped working.
mdcc1982

At first, I would open the camera app and would get a message saying the camera was busy and couldn't open. This happened a few times. Rebooted phone a few times and finally the camera app would open again. Then after a few minutes of using the camera it would happen again. More rebooting followed. Now, the camera app opens up just fine, but only the front camera works. I don't have the option on the screen to use the rear camera. I tried rebooting the phone in safe mode, and no fix there. Uninstalled all apps from the play store one by one hoping maybe that would alleviate the issue, and nothing. Finally broke down and performed a factory reset of the phone. Still, the camera opens up immediately to the front facing camera and no option to switch to the rear camera. Any ideas how to fix this or am I going to have to go to a Verizon store and deal with it there?

0 Likes
Re: Droid Ultra, updated to 4.4.4 and the rear camera stopped working.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mdcc1982

It's important to be able to use all of your device features and services.  I see you have already completed the necessary troubleshooting to try and resolve this issue.  When did you purchase your device?  Is it still within the 1 year manufacturer's warranty or do you have the Extended Warranty coverage?  Does the device have any physical or liquid damages?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes