Droid Mini Use in Europe
sprigle

I would like to set the proper settings for my trip to Europe; my plan is to disable data except for when wifi is available but to allow text and calls to come in;  this information is not stated at all in the manual; My assumption is that under mobile network settings:

Preferred Network mode= Global

Data enabled= 'not checked'

Deny data roaming access

what else do i have to do to allow data when wifi is connected? the is a "Mobile data" button under "data usage" but I do not know how that plays into this equation

thanks for any tips- i actually searched and searched for this information

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Mini Use in Europe
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, sprigle! I congratulate you on the European trip. I hope you have a blast! Thanks so much for reaching out about your roaming options. I know from experience that it is always best to know what the costs will be from taking a wireless device out of its home area.

Disabling "Mobile data" is the best way to prevent the device from inadvertently connecting to a roaming network. Also, you can enable WiFi when you are ready to connect to a local WiFi source without having to re-enable "Mobile data".

In the event you do find a need to connect (in the absence of WiFi), you can review cost options at this link: http://vz.to/17KseUf. Be safe, and enjoy your trip!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Droid Mini Use in Europe
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, sprigle! I congratulate you on the European trip. I hope you have a blast! Thanks so much for reaching out about your roaming options. I know from experience that it is always best to know what the costs will be from taking a wireless device out of its home area.

Disabling "Mobile data" is the best way to prevent the device from inadvertently connecting to a roaming network. Also, you can enable WiFi when you are ready to connect to a local WiFi source without having to re-enable "Mobile data".

In the event you do find a need to connect (in the absence of WiFi), you can review cost options at this link: http://vz.to/17KseUf. Be safe, and enjoy your trip!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes