Droid Mini LED light green, won't boot?
prestonrowley

So I have this Droid Mini that I did a screen replacement on. It was working fine before, but after the screen replacement, it will not boot. At first, my coworker and I thought it was just a bad screen causing a short, so we changed it out to no avail. When plugged in, it's LED light is green, but it's unresponsive other than that. When you plug it in, the LED automatically lights up, and when you unplug it, it automatically turns off. We've tried new batteries, hard resets, and a motherboard cleaning, but nothing seems to work. What could be causing this and how do we fix it?

0 Likes
Re: Droid Mini LED light green, won't boot?
Snn5
Legend

Do you have the screen ribbons attached to the board ports inside?  Maybe they came loose in such a small housing with no room to maneuver.

0 Likes
prestonrowley

Yeah everything was connected correctly when I took it off just now. I plugged the board in without the screen, and it still exhibits the same behavior.

0 Likes
prestonrowley

I also just now unplugged everything but the LED indicator (including battery and AC coil) and it does the same thing. So I think that somehow the power isn't reaching the battery.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Maybe the board is bad.

0 Likes
prestonrowley

I read a Droid Razr M forum where the guy was having the same issues, and it turned on eventually, so I'm holding onto hope that this will, too. Unfortunately none of the solutions they posted on that forum worked here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

prestonrowley

Device issues can be a huge inconveneince and time consuming. We appreciate the information you have provided and hope top help you find a solution. What was the issue that caused you to have the screen replaced? Also, advise us where you received the replacement screen. This can help us determine the next best step since these issues occured after the screen replacement.

SheritaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes