Droid Incredible not able to answer incoming calls when screen is locked
kelbell8564

Is anyone else having an issue with being able to answer incoming calls when the screen is locked?  I drag down to accept the call but the phone does not respond.  I have tried moving  my phone up and down; wiggling the phone back and forth; tapping the home button, cleaning my screen; rebooting the phone, even pulled the battery and nothing works.  I have no problems unlocking my screen any other time, only when I have a call coming in.  It's a huge problem as it is causing me to miss calls for no reason. 

Any suggestions???

0 Likes
Re: Droid Incredible not able to answer incoming calls when screen is locked
Romddal

I too have this problem.  I've tried powering off, resetting, and even a factory reset.  No help.  What I do is wear a bluetooth earpiece that has a button to answer the phone; but I still don't know what the problem is.

0 Likes
diane1370

I have the same issue.  At first I thought maybe it was the location where I was at but that was not the case.....It is getting frustrating because by the time I get to answer the call it already went to voicemail.  Now I have to go to voicemail and delete the message then call the person back....

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The only issue I have found is when I attempt to get the device out of the holster and while the phone is ringing, I hit one of the buttons on the phone and it send the caller directly to VM.

I had noticed if I had the device on a table and a call would come in, if I atempted to swipe the phone without picking the phone up it would not register.

0 Likes
CloudHiker

I experience the same problem once in awhile.  I've had good luck getting the phone to answer by using a very light tap when the problem arises.  Hard to do when you're in a hurry to answer.

0 Likes
wahine
This was the first problem I encountered when I got the phone, and it was maddening. I installed No Lock from the Market, and that took care of it.
0 Likes
moates
Contributor - Level 3

I have provided some steps below that may be helpful.

1.      Try deleting some / all of the call history. I have provided the instructions below:

-Select the Phone button

-Select Menu

-Select Call History

-Select Menu

-Select Clear all (or delete them individually)

2.      Try calibrating the screen. I have provided the instruction below:

-Select Menu

-Select Settings

-Select Display

-Select G-Sensor calibration

- Ensure it is on a level / flat surface and select Calibrate

3.      Place the device into safe mode. Safe mode is a method that allows the device to run without non-essential applications. This is beneficial for troubleshooting 3rd party applications. I have provided the instructions below:

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=31062

**If it works correctly in safe mode, you may have an application that is not native to the device that is causing the issue.

4.      Complete a hard reset. Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. Only perform this reset if absolutely necessary. I have provided the instruction article below:

http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=30946

0 Likes
incredibleluv
Enthusiast - Level 2
This is one of the only 2 problems I've had w/ my Inc since I got it in May. I discovered if I press the volume button on the side either up or down then it will wake up to my slide. It usually only happens if its been on a flat surface when it rings. If you know of a permanent fix please post it!
0 Likes
franny63
Contributor - Level 1

I had that problem in the beginning. I believe with me it was the screen cover. I had a cheap one from Ebay. Once I purchased a good one from Zagg, I haven't had that problem anymore.

0 Likes
kelbell8564

I still have the problem, even after having my phone replaced...was told it was a defective screen, when *228; battery pull and hard reset failed.  I have a good screen protector on the phone, it is a Droid anti-glare protector I bought at the Verizon store.  I find it strange that if I am just swiping the screen to unlock it I never have an issue, but when I am trying to answer an incoming call, I have issues.

0 Likes