Re: Droid Incredible camera locks up after taking 3 pictures
Rawthor

Added the camera app to the ignore list in ATK auto kill. I'm going to keep testing and see if somehow the barcode app triggers the glitch.

0 Likes
DaveGL

I have had this issue as well and have tried many things to try to solve it but nothing seems to fix it.  I have done 2 hard resets, removed storage card, added storage card, changed storage from internal phone to storage card, did not install any previously installed apps.  Right now, I have no apps added from the market (I do not have the task killer) and it still freezes.  This is becoming very annoying and it seems to be happening more frequently.  I have posted a question on the HTC site as well but no response.  I am thinking this phone is defective.  Besides this issue, I am pleased with the incredible but this camera issue is a very big concern for me.  VERIZON...please help! 

0 Likes
Rawthor

I got the lockup once yesterday. Its still going on. Whats the next step?

0 Likes
joedsim

I have the same problem with my Droid.  It does not hang up as  regular as after three pictures.  I think it started happening after the system upgrade a few weeks ago. it is good to know that hard reset does not help.  That save me from trying it.

0 Likes
bcayemberg

Mine froze after taking 2 pictures on Christmas Eve, and I can't get it back at all.  I haven't done any installs in a good month and haven't done any updates in over a week.  I've rebooted; no luck.  It also appears it's not charging fully, but I'm not 100% sure about that.  It's still plugged in, so I'll know soon.

0 Likes
ritterazzi

I have the exact problem - it began after the fall 2011 software update (i bought this Droid in 7/2009 and it worked perfectly for over a year).  The photo freeze for me only happens when i take a photo in low-light with no flash.  I usually get 1-2 before it freezes and shuts off.

I have cleared everything...unmounted / removed the SD card and finally, done a factory reset. Nothing has worked.   i cannot take any pics after sunset or even indoors (unless there's bright light) now, so it's useless most of the time.

The contract is up in a few months and i think i'll be getting an iPhone.

0 Likes