Droid Incredible camera locks up after taking 3 pictures
Rawthor

My Camera locks up after taking 3 pictures. Just freezes on the finished photo and I have to tap home multiple times to get out of the camera then I start the camera up again and it just displays a black screen. So then I have to exit out of it again and open it to get it to take 3 more pictures.

Storage is set to the SD card.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Incredible camera locks up after taking 3 pictures
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

The factory reset will only affect the internal memory. You can move any pictures or other important files to the sd card. Your contacts are sync to google. Log into google to check the last time the contacts were synced to make sure it's up to date.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

I would suggest using a Task Killer. The camera application runs on internal memory. Freeing up the internal memory should stop the camera from locking up.

If by chance it still locks up, may mean the camera application is corrupt. Doing a reset on the phone will fix corrupt pre installed applications.

Make sure to back up any information.

0 Likes
Rawthor

I tried the task killer and that has no effect. Im hesitant to do a full system wipe on the off chance that will work.

It doesn't seem to matter if its internal or SD card storage. Still get the lockup.

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

The factory reset will only affect the internal memory. You can move any pictures or other important files to the sd card. Your contacts are sync to google. Log into google to check the last time the contacts were synced to make sure it's up to date.

0 Likes
Rawthor

It worked. You might want to pin this as an FAQ answer because i've seen other folks on XDA-Developers with the same issue.

0 Likes
Rawthor

NOT SOLVED

I got the same problem again after adjusting the sharpness and changed the MP down to 5.

0 Likes
Rawthor

Not Fixed its worse now.

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

Did you download any applications after completing the factory reset?

0 Likes
Rawthor

Yes. Barcode scanner, Earth, Chrome, Advanced Task Killer, Handcent SMS, Maps, Ringdroid and i've got a build of swype on there. 

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

We are going to try to narrow it down to applications that use the camera.

If your task killer has a auto kill task, you will need to add the camera application to the ignore list. Or try removing the task killer all together.

Try removing the barcode scanner.

0 Likes