Droid Incredible and the new 2150maH battery
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

I've been waiting and waiting and they finally got them so I ordered one as soon as I found out. I received it yesterday and went ahead and turned off my phone for a few hours to charge it all the way up. I then finished out my day and put it on the charger overnight while I slept as usual.

Today I have to say, I'm impressed. I'm finally fully happy with my Incredible. I ordered my phone the first day it was available, switching from a Moto Droid and I received it on the 29th or whatever the release date was so I've had it about as long as anyone has. (although some lucky dogs on this forum got theirs a couple days early :smileyhappy:) Since then, I've always liked the phone but I've been very, very disappointed with the battery life. It's just atrocious and altogether underpowered for this phone. The included battery is nothing more than a fundamental design flaw. It is obvious to me that they shipped with the stock battery to promote form over function. That's great for those worried about pretty, slim, shiny phones; but for those folks who actually want to use their phones to the fullest extent, it's ridiculous. I am simply not a casual user in any sense of the word. My phone is what keeps my life on track, as sad as that may sound. Everything I do and all of the info I need is synced in one way or another on my phone, and I felt crippled because if I used it for any amount of time do anything that I needed to do, the battery literally wouldn't last the day. How very frustrating.

But that's the end of my rant about the stock battery in the Incredible.

I can now say that I believe that my phone can live up to it's name. I've spent all day using my phone the way I WANT TO! Not in some cut-back fashion that allowed the battery to last until I get home so I can charge it. I can actually leave the wifi on. I can actually allow my GPS to become active when my applications need it. Tasks killers?? Nope. It doesn't matter. It's 4:30 here and I can say with certainty that my battery will last throughout at least the rest of today, and I have abused it as far as usage goes. I know about casual vs. power usage and I'm definitely a power user of my phone.

Sure, it's a little thicker, but again, I'm definitely not a form over function kind of person. I'll take the trade-off. My phone is not a centerpiece for others to gawk at, it's a tool for me to use to do the things I need and want to do. I wish I didn't have to spend extra money for my phone to function the way it should have out of the box, but I was willing to do whatever to get it to perform to my standards.

Possibly the best money I've spent with Verizon so far.

0 Likes
Re: Droid Incredible and the new 2150maH battery
hope12839
Enthusiast - Level 2

How much thicker is the phone with the new battery? Do you have any pictures, and how much did it cost?

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
Agreed, It would be great to see a pic of the phone with stadard battery and one with the new battery.
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
http://htcpedia.com/news/htc-incredible-extended-battery.html Had mine for a day now. I agree with you on It's performance. I'm totally happy with my phone now. Here's the specs I found on it.
0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
that's not bad at all..I would have like a more flush back all the way across, but that would have effected the camera too..so..not bad.
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

It's holding a great charge.. My life revolving around my charger cord and an available outlet in public are over! I think I could even go two days on a charge! 

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

I just ordered a 3500mah battery from seidoonline.com.   It ships on 6/25.  It's a little thicker than the standard battery, but it ships with the extended back ... can't wait to get it!

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bacy35hddn-bk.htm

Wow they finally came out with it huh.... geez that looks about the same size.. You should just go order the factory one from VZW, and pay far less, and have it in two days, and the battery life will work just fine for you.

Don't get me wrong, I'd take it.... But you could survive on the 2150 if you wanted..

Any word on extended cases yet?

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
his includes the extended cover for it. There are some cases that work too. Where did you see one from VZW. They don't have any batteries listed when I selected the incredible, only chargers.
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

You have to call or go in the store, its not listed on the site for some reason. Above posts I listed a link to HTC's site selling it for way more than VZW. But it's the same exact battery and cover, thats why i posted the specs.

0 Likes