Droid Incredible and 2.2 os
vmaxboy

Will Droid Incredible being sold now upgrade to  Android 2.2 free?

0 Likes
Re: Droid Incredible and 2.2 os
budone
Legend

All the Incredibles will be able to update the phone when the update comes out at no charge.

0 Likes
mikem

When DINC is updated to froyo 2.2 will it still have the Sense UI or will that change to stock android?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i believe it will still have sense UI

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Rumor is it'll have Sense UI along with some added Widgets that HTC has made special for the upgrade. I've learned that HTC does have marketing techniques for not just carriers, but individual phones as well. Example: The EVO may have some really cool feature that the Incredible won't have, and the other way around.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see....

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

like the kickstand! lol....i don't know why i think that is so cool....but i do!! i could just it on my desk at work and watch the onion on my phone while i work.  not a fan of the white on the EVO though.

0 Likes
aibrean

They actually waited to release their updated UI in order to do the update at the same time as Froyo so I think they are combining them. I heard rumors of an early August upgrade.

0 Likes
mikem

Yep 2.2 update will be free...  

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

vmaxboy wrote:

Will Droid Incredible being sold now upgrade to  Android 2.2 free?

When it is available it will be free to have that software 2.2. The new phones will have 2.2 already on them if you buy the phone. If it is not already you should be able to update it manually.

0 Likes