Droid Incredible Unable to Send Email
BrentM

I just got the DI and I cannot get it to send e-mail (it receives e-mail fine) on 2 different POP3/SMTP accounts.  I have verified the settings for each account, comparing it to what the same account in Outlook (which works fine), so I know the settings are correct.  I have tried deleting the accounts from the DI several times and have tried removing the battery and rebooting the phone.  Nothing has worked this far.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Brent

0 Likes
Re: Droid Incredible Unable to Send Email
budone
Legend

BrentM wrote:

I just got the DI and I cannot get it to send e-mail (it receives e-mail fine) on 2 different POP3/SMTP accounts.  I have verified the settings for each account, comparing it to what the same account in Outlook (which works fine), so I know the settings are correct.  I have tried deleting the accounts from the DI several times and have tried removing the battery and rebooting the phone.  Nothing has worked this far.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Brent

The settings will be different when sending mail on a mobile device.  Who is the provider?

0 Likes
BrentM

The providers are 2 different Exchange servers from 2 different businesses that I do work with. 

What settings are typically different when using a mobile device?  I have matched the settings that I have in Outlook as far as the server name, port, username, password and requiring authentication.  I am coming over from a BB device where I just put in e-mail account and password and everything worked.

Since I can receive OK, I am assuming that something is wrong on the SMTP side of things.  When going through the settings on the DI, all of them appear to validate successfully but then when I try to send something I get the "Unable to send email" notification. 

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Shoot, even exchange is different and I do not have exchange accounts.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

mine is set up properly and always receives just fine. however, once in a while it will not send. i get error messages. it usually works fine a day later and i rarely send email from my phone so for now i am just living with it. if i emailed a lot though, id have to do something about it because it is obviously an issue with the device since i have not changed a thing and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't?

0 Likes
BarryMorse

First off, not good to see an important question go unanswered for so long.  Not good customer service.  I have discovered that my Droid Incredible repeatedly changes my outgoing email settings to "requires login" and to port 110.  My actual settings are port 25 and "does not require login."  Who knows why?

0 Likes
BarryMorse

Did you ever figure this out?  You outgoing server may not require authentication (sign-in).  Uncheck that and change the outgoing port to 25.

0 Likes
Beargap

+1 on this problem. I can receive messages through my local internet supplier (PTD.NET) either through WiFi or 3G, but cannot send email through either route. I've set up the account with the same settings that work on my home and laptop computers, and tried variations on the security type and port, but nothing is going through. I've tried deleting the account and starting all over, as well as rebooting the phone. Any help on this?

=Vic=

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The attached link is how to set up  PTD.net email on an iPhone. But the settings should be the same.

The biggest change I see is using promail.ptd.net as the outgoing mail server.  Outgoing mail settings are usually different than what the settings would be at home

PTD.net mobile settings

Also I see at the ptd.net is a chat option, so you may want to try that to have them walk you through the setup.

0 Likes
Beargap

That did it! The only change I had to make was to select No Security on the outgoing setup and mail went right away. Thanks!

=Vic=

0 Likes