Droid Incredible Screen Switching Problem
ally0812

My droid Incredible has started to scroll left to the different screens.  When I try to scroll right to the home screen or press home, it will go to the Home screen and then quick scroll all the way left again.  Same goes for texting and facebook now.  I can type in the first word and then the cursor scrolls all the way to the left and won't let me finish typing a sentence.  I know I am not hitting any buttons and have tried recalibrating the phone numerous times.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I'm seriously considering returning this phone because its so frustrating!!! Also, anyone's phones locking up during phone calls and pressing End call not possible??

0 Likes
Re: Droid Incredible Screen Switching Problem
celsius1

That definitely sounds like hardware issues. More than most likely from a defective trackball. I would just take it back to the store for a replacement as soon as possible.

0 Likes
rcktqwn

Mine started doing that with my HTC Eris...I'm about to throw it out the window. I wasn't considering a hardware issue though, but a software issue because when it starts doing it, all the apps lock up too. I am SO irritated right now!

0 Likes
increduser1

Hi,

I noticed mine doing the same thing. It's a capacitance touch screen. Am I holding a static charge? I did put a protective screen cover on the phone.  Maybe that's adding to it? Any Ideas?

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

The screen uses a capacitive multi-touch technology ... it requires your direct skin contact ... apparently.  As soon as I removed my screen protector, the scrolling issue stopped.

0 Likes
jjbebe

Did it solve the END CALL issue as well? I'm having the exact same problems as the initial poster (and I got my phone yesterday). I would rather not remove my screen protector, because it has glare protection on it... and obviously i paid $$ to protect the screen.

0 Likes
wolfsburg

Did you use the screen protectors provided by Verizon or from a different source?  I've heard screen protectors from different manufacturers may cause issues.

However, using a screen protector is strongly recommended from what I've heard.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Your track pad thing is getting stuck somehow.  That would cause the apps to freeze and everything to start scrolling.  You may have something stuck in it or it may have gotten a shock or something.  It could just be the track pad going bad.  Stuff happens that's why there are warranties. 

0 Likes
jjbebe

Yeah, I got the screen protectors from the Verizon store when I bought my phone. It sucks, 'cause I had to wait a MONTH for them to mail me this one... now I'm going to have to go back in and maybe wait another month.

And is "track pad" the circular physical button on the bottom? I'd love if I could just get this thing repaired instead of having to get a new one.

0 Likes
ally0812

Screen protector did not solve end call issue. That actually went away after a few days of using the phone.  Bringing the phone back for the switching screens, its horrible wehn you cant reply to a text message because the cursor keeps going to the left! It clearly is not the cover because its from Verizon!

0 Likes