Re: Droid Incredible Not Receiving Text Messages
roxycoronel

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! You just saved me from getting a new phone!!!! Thank you so much!

0 Likes
amethystrose

Try doing a SIM card pull next time. Just power off your device, take the SIM card out for like 5 minutes, and put it back in. Simple fix. No downloads

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is no SIM card in a DROID Incredible, amethystrose.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
fklhjnklknj

Thank you soooo much for posting that link. Worked like a charm!

0 Likes
christylou67

The hot fix and the removal of the SIM card did not work for me. 

0 Likes
mj7262010

My phone just started doing this. Yesterday and so far today I cannot receive texts. I can send them, but not receive them. I just tried that website, and still nothing. I was hoping I would not have to go to Verizon. From the sound of things, they wont help me anyway.

0 Likes
jvsmagic

Verizon would no doubt be very willing to help you - empty your wallet by forcing you to buy a new phone and subscribe to a new data plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mj7262010,

Hi there! I know those messages are important for you, so let's get this fixed. Are you unable to receive from all contacts, or specific contacts? Can you receive picture messages? If this continues to be a concern for you, please let me know so I can continue to assist.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
slm3940

I haven't been able to receive any texts on my Incredible for 3 days now.  The last time this happened it was due to a double "low on space" warning that the phone showed (even though I have tons of memory left).  The phone constantly shows one low on space icon; I have to go through all apps every day or two clearing out data and cache as it is, but even that is not helping the texting issue this time. I've tried uninstalling 3rd party app, powering down, etc, and nothing is working.  I hate this phone - very frustrating!

0 Likes
mdugg

I am having the same problem with my Incredible as you are slm3940. Only I have been suffering with the clearing of the caches and powering down for several months now. I really HATE this phone. It will randomly stop recieving text messages and sometimes I wont realize it until someone calls me. Its absolutely ridiculous that I pay so much a month for service for a phone that doesnt work properly. I have had the single "low on space" message for probably 4 or more months but show that I have 649MB free space and only 99MB being used....how is that possible!?

0 Likes