Droid Incredible 2 not receiving all call
ckimball28

I've had my Droid Incredible 2 for almost a year now and starting in August it started to not receive all my calls.  It wouldn't ring but I would get the notification sound that I have a voicemail. I contacted verizon and they sent me a replacement phone, by the end of that week they were sending me another one for the same problem.  I'm now on my fourth replacement phone and am experiencing the same problem. Is there anyone else experiencing this problem?

I have been a Verizon Wireless customer for almost 4 years and have been extremely happy with their service and support over the years.  But I was disappointed when I asked about the possibility of getting me into another phone, they wanted me to downgrade to a LG Enlighten. After speaking to my local VW store they told me that the LG Enlighten has been a problematic phone and they did not recommend that phone at all.  I am basically out of options at this point and am considering switching to a different carrier and get a phone that will actually work, I am sicking of paying almost $200/month for a phone that wont work like it should.  Anyone please help!!

0 Likes
Re: Droid Incredible 2 not receiving all call
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

My best suggestion would be to dial *228 and select option 2 to update your roaming capabilities.  Also, if you are using a task killer app, disable it, you may be inadvertently disabling the phone app.

0 Likes
ckimball28

I have done the *228 and updated my roaming capabilities, Verizon has had me do a number of master resets on each of the replacement phones they have sent me and problem still exist.  I do not use a task killer.  I am on my 4th replacement phone and each of the phones have had this problem.  After thinking back I think this issue started happening shortly after the recent software update but I'm not positive of that.  I didn't think much of it when it first started happening I just assumed that it was service related until I found it happening where I have 4 bars of service.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

After a reset, does the phone still have the issue before installing any apps?

0 Likes
ckimball28

yes,it does it without the apps as well

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Ckimball28!

Not receiving calls is definitely a huge problem and I definitely apologize this has been going on for so long!  I truly appreciate all of the troubleshooting you've done so far and the patience you've had through all of this.

I absolutely don't want to lose you as a valued customer and would love to review your account to see what options we have available!

I've followed you. If you could please fill this out http://bit.ly/aUgBIy and send me a Direct/Private message once you've completed it!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes