Re: Droid Incredible 2 - battery icon
Bugman30

I'm having the same problem with the exclamation battery icon. Now more frequently and draining my battery. I have the original OEM and am two months away from my upgrade. Can you help me out Verizon?

0 Likes
wolfegp

Has anyone had any success with trying a new battery?

0 Likes
califlyer

It isn't the battery; it's the phone. I used the replacement plan to get a

new phone (still using the old battery) and it works fine now.

0 Likes
bill-e

My Incredible 2 is a year and a half old and I was getting the greyed out with exclamation point battery icon which was preventing charging and generally causing havoc with my phone. 

This new battery, an Anker 1600ma battery that I bought on Amazon, solved the icon problem and actually extended the operational time of my phone. 

With the old battery I would charge it every night with the level at "Yellow" at best and many times I would run out.  Now when I plug it in it's still green and has lasted through the next morning at times....something my OEM battery never did.

0 Likes
BCook13

My wife has been having this problem on her phone.  We took it to Verizon and they knew nothing about it.  He took the battery out, did not fix it.  In the meantime, her phone has now been saying "low on storage space" and she can't access her photos, music and when she tries to send a text or email it says that "phone is running on low storage space, could make device run slow".  We have taken alot of apps off of her phone, but the gray battery icon is still there as is the low storage space icon.  When she sends emails from her phone, they do not get to their destination,  We are a month away from an upgrage but we do not want to upgrade our packages, just our phones and were told that we could not upgrade our phones without doing a new contract.  Its very frustrating.  I am perfectly happy with our plan now and do not want to change it.  We both have the same phone and I am on my third replacement and now my emails are coming thru my phone either.  Please help.

0 Likes
BCook13

Here is a screen shot of my wifes phone.  We took it back to Verizon, he took the battery out, replaced it and it is still there.  Now her phone is saying "phone storage low" with the icon on top right.  We've wiped out apps and she can't access her photos, etc...Phone Front.PNG

We have been grandfathered in on our data plan so we don't want to get a new contract - even though we can upgrade in Feb.  What can we do?

0 Likes
neotremer

Most of the time the space error is becuase she synced her facebook contacts with the phone which then downloads all profile photos, takes up all the space, have her unsync her facebook, that icon is related to faulty batt if i remember correctly, remember if you want to keep unlimited data you can bring your own equip or buy at full retail price to keep it.

0 Likes
BCook13

Thanks!  I just checked her phone and her contacts aren't synced with Facebook.  In fact, when we go to Facebook, under her settings she has it set to "Don't Sync".  So, could it be something else?

0 Likes
awezhum

Oh that silly greyed out battery icon with the exclamation point. Sooooo, as near as I can tell from your posts, there is really no solution and/or what fixes it for some, doesn't work for others? It seems to vary. Figures, because mine is out of warranty Smiley Sad

0 Likes
pdy983

Hi Vanessa.

I'm having the same grey battery icon with my Droid Incredible 2.  Please advise as to what I need to do to fix this.  I live in Broomfield, Colorado.

Thank you,

Pam <Personal information removed for privacy.>

<This topic has been thoroughly discussion and will now be closed.  If you continue to have a question, please create a new discussion.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes